Land & Property Disputes
Our team of Property Dispute lawyers are very experienced in a range of property disputes.
Land & Property Dispute Services
Whether you are a landlord, commercial tenant or land owner, in the event of a dispute our experience covers a range from the complex and high value to the more modest. We represent clients in the courts, property tribunals, in adjudication and use alternative dispute resolution procedures, including mediation, to resolve disputes. We understand your concerns to avoid the expense and distraction that disputes can bring and we will work with you to find a solution to your problem.
Our approach is tailored to you to provide an effective strategy. We have a dedicated team of dispute lawyers with a range of expertise and experience dealing with property disputes.
Property Dispute Expertise
Helpful guides (PDFs)
Tenants will be familiar with their Leasehold requirement to make payment of service charges, which are used by Landlords to cover the costs of providing services in relation to their property.
If you have a case already up and running in the County Court – it is highly likely that the time scale in getting it to a final hearing is going to be extended as the court staff and judges try and cope with remote working.
Can personal preferences permit you to refuse to approve your neighbours building plans?
A common restrictive covenant is that building work that (A) wants to do on their land burdened by the covenant cannot go ahead until the owner of the benefitting land (B) has approved the building plans.
Latest news & insights
Families are complicated affairs and unfortunately the death of a loved one can expose the cracks in inter-family relations.
There was concern by Tenant organisations, that perfectly well-behaved paying tenants were being forced out by landlords.
The Grenfell Tower tragedy sparked the most important review of building safety legislation in the history of the UK.
APP (Authorised Push Payment) Fraud continues to be a devastating everyday issue for individuals and businesses alike.
Adjudication is an alternative method for resolving disputes, without resorting to lengthy and expensive court proceedings.
We discuss the principles that apply when a shareholder is unfairly prejudiced in relation to their shareholding.
Disputes & Claims Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Employee Share Schemes
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co - Restructuring
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Trainee Solicitor
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Latest Insights - sign up to our Emailers
Our Emailers will bring you the latest news and insights from our legal teams as we look at the key talking points in life and in law.
Our insights will include articles, podcast discussion and information about our events and services.
You can sign up to as many as you wish and you can opt out at any time.
Sign up to our Emailers
Award winning legal advice
Herrington Carmichael offers legal advice to UK and International businesses as well as individuals and families. Rated as a ‘Leading Firm 2024’ by the legal directory Legal 500 and listed in The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2023 & 2024’. Herrington Carmichael has offices in London, Farnborough, Reading, and Ascot.