Our Immigration law team specialises in providing our clients with up to date advice on the ever changing, UK Immigration laws.
Our specialists assist individuals seeking to enter the UK for employment, study, and family purposes, on both a short-term and long-term basis. We assist individuals throughout the visa application process, from initial consultations advising on visa options available to the individual, to preparing and submitting visa applications and dealing with the Home Office to assist with any complications that may arise during the application process.
Herrington Carmichael have a specialist immigration team who will ensure that you are provided with expert high-quality advice within the specialist area whilst receiving a personalised bespoke service.
Request a video call, phone call or a meeting in person with one of our immigration experts...
Find the right Visa route for you…
Family Visa Routes
Settle in the UK
Invest in the UK
Other Visa Routes
Study in the UK
Work in the UK
Immigration Advice for Employers
Clients of Herrington Carmichael LLP ‘always receive a consistently high level of service’ from the immigration team, which is praised for its ‘excellent knowledge of immigration law and the procedures and processes behind it, ensuring that all avenues are considered so as to mitigate against any risks’. The practice has cultivated a firm following among employers nationwide, who regularly instruct the firm on licence application compliance, Brexit-related immigration issues, and ongoing compliance with sponsor duties and recruitment of migrant workers, among other matters.
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Employee Share Schemes
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co - Restructuring
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Trainee Solicitor
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Latest news & insights
In this month’s episode, Claire Helling from our Employment team will cover an introduction into managing a redundancy process.
A warehouse worker was recently found to be unfairly dismissed after his employer dismissed him amid concerns of damage to their reputation.
There are numerous visas available to enter the UK. The qualifying criteria as well as the requirements and costs can be very overwhelming.
Sexual orientation is a protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010 and anyone can be the victim of sexual orientation discrimination.
The government intend to reduce bureaucracy, reduce reporting requirements and simplify processes, while safekeeping employment rights.
In the case of Kalam v The Chief Constable of West Midlands Police, the Employment Tribunal awarded the Claimant £30,000 in compensation.
We are required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority to publish certain pricing information. Please contact us for an accurate fee proposal based on your particular facts and circumstances.
Award winning legal advice
Herrington Carmichael offers legal advice to UK and International businesses as well as individuals and families. Rated as a ‘Leading Firm 2024’ by the legal directory Legal 500 and listed in The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2023 & 2024’. Herrington Carmichael has offices in London, Farnborough, Reading, and Ascot.