Our Immigration team specialists provide our clients with up to date advice on the ever changing UK Immigration laws.
Due to the new immigration system which was implemented on 1 December 2020, coming into force on 1 January 2021, the information on these pages may not be reflective of the new system. We are in the process of updating these pages to reflect the changes, but if you would like any further information in the meantime, please contact us directly on 01276 686 222.
The team are experienced in the ever changing world of immigration law and provide advice on immigration, asylum for both British and European Nationals.
Brexit has created a cloud of uncertainty around immigration law and the impact it will have going forward – we are here to help you understand what has changed and how you can plan or prepare. Meet with one of our specialist immigration lawyers to fully understand what you may need to do.
Our immigration legal services:
Enter your email address for legal updates on Employment & Immigration Law.
Latest news & insights
In a recent employment case, the tribunal ruled that an employee was unfairly dismissed after refusing to return to the UK during lockdown.
We’ve set out some common questions we’ve been asked by clients to include what they should be doing to prepare for the return to work.
Can imposing new contractual hours on employees with caring responsibilities give rise to a claim?
We will be hosting a seminar on performance management in a post-Covid environment.
When to ‘Fire and Re-Hire’? Employers should consider the practicality of doing this as it could adversely affect employment relationships.
In a recent case the Employment Appeal Tribunal ruled that a gender critical belief is a protected philosophical belief under the Equality Act 2010.
Clients of Herrington Carmichael LLP ‘always receive a consistently high level of service’ from the immigration team, which is praised for its ‘excellent knowledge of immigration law and the procedures and processes behind it, ensuring that all avenues are considered so as to mitigate against any risks’. The practice has cultivated a firm following among employers nationwide, who regularly instruct the firm on licence application compliance, Brexit-related immigration issues, and ongoing compliance with sponsor duties and recruitment of migrant workers, among other matters.
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Competition Law
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- New Businsess
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Terms and Conditions
We are required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority to publish certain pricing information. Please contact us for an accurate fee proposal based on your particular facts and circumstances.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.