Implementation date: 9/12/2022
Herrington Carmichael LLP: Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is saved onto your computer, smartphone, tablet or other device when you visit our site.
- Cookies store small pieces of information. For example, one type of cookie will remember that you have visited our site before.
- Cookies help us to improve your visit and experience when browsing our site by, for example, storing certain information so you don’t have to re-enter it on subsequent visits.
- Cookies also assist us in tracking which pages of the website you have visited. We will not store credit card details in cookies we create.
- We use both persistent cookies (which stay with your computer and will work until their expiry date, unless detected by you beforehand) and session cookies (which expire when you close your browser).
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for the operation of our site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise use when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Your interaction with cookies
- You can choose which analytical, functionality and targeting cookies we can set by clicking on the button(s) on our cookies banner when you visit our website.
- It is possible to disable and remove cookies from your computer or device by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to do so. You will need to know what browser you are using and what version you have.
- You can refer to your browser’s help section or visit the www.aboutcookies.org/ website for further information and assistance with cookies.
- Please be aware that if you use your browser settings to block or amend certain cookies, your browsing experience may change for the worse or you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Changes to this policy
- We may update, change, modify, add or remove portions of this policy at any time, and any changes will become effective immediately. Please visit this page periodically if you want to keep up to date.