Disputes between business owners and directors can have a devastating impact on your business. We will handle this as efficiently and delicately as possible.
Whether you are a shareholder, a company, a director or a partner with a genuine grievance, or are on the receiving end of a claim, disputes within your business can have a devastating impact.
Actions by minority shareholders has resulted in an enormous amount of litigation. We advise minority shareholders, companies and business owners on these disputes.
When you need urgent action we are quick and decisive. Where more strategic input is required, we will offer you pragmatic thoughtful solutions to avoid a dispute or mitigate risk, with advice that is clear, concise and commercial.
Our dedicated business dispute lawyers provide a range of business disputes services including:
- Asset Recovery
- Contract Disputes
- Company Recovery & Insolvency
- Company Restoration Advice
- Data Protection Breach
- Director Disputes
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Debt Recovery
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- LLP & Partnership Disputes
- Professional Negligence Claims
- Shareholder Disputes / Partnership Disputes
- Winding Up Petitions
Is the dispute worth it?
Would you like a Free Legal Cost Benefit Analysis for your business dispute?
This service is only available for business disputes.
The report is prepared after a limited review of a small number of papers. Its objective is to give you an early assessment of the case so that you can decide whether to deal with it yourself going forward or instruct us on a proper basis so that a detailed assessment with full legal advice can then be provided.
Request a video call, phone call or a meeting in person with one of our dispute lawyers...
Phew !! What a relief to get this matter finally over with. I cannot thank your dispute resolution team enough for all your help. Once again it was a pleasure dealing with you and should we ever have the misfortune to have to use your services, I would be very confident making that choice.
Business Disputes Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Employee Share Schemes
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co - Restructuring
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Trainee Solicitor
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Latest News & Insights
Disputing Inheritance – What is contentious probate?
Our dispute resolution team are talking about Wills, inheritance and probate disputes in our latest Legal Room UK Podcast.
What is Adverse Possession?
Emma and Nicole are talking about Trusts and looking at the Frequently asked questions surrounding them.
What Developers Need to Know About Limitation following Grenfell
The objective of the Building Safety Act 2022 (BSA 2022) was to reform building safety legislation and fire safety.
Award winning legal advice
Herrington Carmichael offers legal advice to UK and International businesses as well as individuals and families. Rated as a ‘Leading Firm 2023’ by the legal directory Legal 500 and listed in The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2023’. Herrington Carmichael has offices in London, Camberley, Reading, Ascot and Wokingham.
Building 2 Watchmoor Park, Riverside Way, Camberley, Surrey GU15 3YL
+44 (0)1276 686 222
Reading (Appointment only)
The Abbey, Abbey Gardens, Abbey Street, Reading RG1 3BA
+44 (0)1276 686 222
Ascot (Appointment only)
102, Berkshire House, 39-51 High Street, Ascot, Berkshire SL5 7HY
+44 (0)1344 623388
London (Appointment only)
60 St Martins Lane, Covent Garden, London WC2N 4JS
+44 (0)203 326 0317
Commercial Property Lawyers
Dispute Resolution Lawyers
Divorce & Family Lawyers
Immigration Law Services
Private Wealth & Inheritance Lawyers
Startups & New Business Lawyers
© 2022 Herrington Carmichael LLP. Registered in England and Wales company number OC322293.
Herrington Carmichael is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with registration number 446245.
Client Feedback | Diversity Data