Probate & Estate Administration
Our experienced qualified Private Client Solicitors are specialists in probate and offer a service tailored to meet your needs.
Probate is often the term used to describe the administration of estates. Our services can range from simply obtaining a grant of probate with information that you supply to us, to undertaking the complete administration in every detail, including clearing and selling a house.
When a loved one dies there is a lot that has to be done to sort out his or her affairs. Sometimes this is limited to the practical, such as funeral arranging, clearing a flat and notifying banks and utility suppliers. Whereas other times, the list of tasks to be undertaken can be more complex.
Where necessary we will come to your home to take instructions, or at our offices – which ever you prefer. We offer a local and accessible service and pride ourselves in dealing with all matters rapidly.
We shall always seek to find ways to minimise the liability of the estate to inheritance tax and other taxes. In addition, where relevant, we will offer outline advice to beneficiaries or relevant tax issues.
Depending upon the complexity of somebody’s affairs, there may or may not be need for legal input. Where things are more complicated and particularly if there is a potential liability to Inheritance Tax, it is generally necessary to get professional assistance with what is called The Probate Procedure.
Are you experiencing a probate or inheritance dispute?
We can advise you on all types of disputes relating to wills, trusts and probate.
Whether you are an individual beneficiary, a trustee, an executor or an administrator, whether you are a claimant or defendant, we have experience in acting for you.
Perhaps you feel you may have a claim because you have not been included in a will or not sufficiently enough.
Alexander Mulroe brings in complementary expertise in structuring complex cross-border estate planning and experience advising high-net-worth clients on a wide range of tax and succession planning issues. Other key figures in the Wokingham office include Anthony Tahourdin who offers decades of experience in probate and the range of matters affecting high-value estates. Sonia Dhesi, Andrew Smith and Faye Smith are also recommended.Legal 500, 2020
Private Client Team
- All departments
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Latest news & insights
Most of us ignore Capital Gains tax on houses, after all your house has the benefit of the Private Residence Exemption…read more
Justice Secretary Robert Buckland recently announced that the government has dropped its plans to introduce a scaled probate fee first proposed in 2016.read more
Solicitors claim proposed changes to inheritance tax will leave major problems unresolved, according to an article in the Law Gazette.read more
A DIY will could end up costing you a fortune, according to an article in the Daily Mail.read more
A recent Law Society blog by the Society’s Private Client Section member Jane Cassell focused on…read more
The Department for Work and Pensions has announced that families will find it easier to get help to pay for funeralsread more
Our pricing guides
Our pricing guides are for standard services and may be subject to increases where an individual case requires non-standard services. All prices are in Sterling (£) and VAT will be charged on top of the price at the applicable rate.
Price estimates for all other services are calculated once we know more about your individual case. Contact us for more information.