Student & Graduate Visas

There are various visa options available to individuals who want to choose a UK educational institute to further their education.

Contact Us

Student & Graduate Visas

Student and Graduate Visas are available for individuals who would like to pursue formal education in the UK. Below each visa is detailed with eligibility requirements, documentation need, costs, and more. 

We have had great success in helping individuals apply for student and graduate visas and would be delighted to assist you in your journey to studying in the UK. 

Student Visa
Short-term Study Visa
Child Student Visa
Graduate Visa
Parent of a Child Student Visa

Student Visa

The Student route enables those aged 16 and over to study in the UK at a school, college or university that holds a sponsor licence.

How long a visa will be granted will be in line with the duration of the course. Students may be able to extend their leave or apply for new leave

Student Visa FAQs

Short-term Study Visa

If you want to study the English language in the UK then this visa is for you. This is for courses that last longer than 6 months but up to 11 months.

Short-term Study Visa FAQs

Child Student Visa

The Child Student Visa (formerly the Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa) is for children between the ages of 4 and 17 who wish to pursue their education at an independent school in the UK. Parents can join their children for the duration of their studies if they meet the requirements of the Parent of a Child Student visa.

How long a visa will be granted will be in line with the duration of the course.

Child Student Visa FAQs

Graduate Visa

The Graduate visa opened on 1 July 2021 and this route enables international student who have studied in the UK to remain for at least 2 years after completing their studies (or 3 years for those who have completed a PhD degree or other doctoral qualification).

If the visa is granted the applicant can do any type of work, including on a self-employed basis, except working as a professional sportsperson or coach.

Graduate Visa FAQs

Parent of a Child Student Visa

This visa only applies to one parent accompanying the child to the UK. The other parent cannot reside in the UK and cannot join you in the UK. Other children may only join if they are also on a Child Student Visa.

There is a maintenance requirement that must be fulfilled and you must demonstrate that you can maintain your home outside of the UK.

Parent of a Child Student Visa FAQs


Do I need an Immigration Lawyer or can I do it myself?

Most of the visa , settlement routes and citizenship applications can be done by yourself. However, most of these applications can be complex, based on your situation, and more often than not, the fees involved in the application will not be refunded if your application is not successful. 

We recommend using an Immigration Lawyer as it significantly reduces the risk of your application being rejected due to our experience and knowledge in Immigration Law. We have had numerous clients who had first attempted it themselves, failed, lost all of the fees and now have to pay it again as well as paying for lawyers to ensure it is done correctly. 

How much does it cost to use an Immigration Lawyer?

Our fees depend on the the visa or route you want to pursue and how complex your situation is. Get in touch with us to discuss your situation further and we will give you an obligation-free quote. 

Can I first talk to someone before commiting to your services?

Yes! We know each person is at different parts of their immigration journey and you want to speak to someone before committing to paying fees. We offer a 10-minute free initial conversation where we can help you determine your best course of action. We can also advise on fees and cost after this call. 

I am not sure what to choose based on my situation. What should I do? 

We offer a free 10-minute consultation. We will happily chat through your situation with you to help you determine your eligibility for the variuous routes. Get in touch for your 10-minute chat and obligation-free quote. 

I have submitted an application but I need help. Can you help? 

We are able to help you regardless of where you are on your application journey. If you have already applied, we will need as much information as we can get from you in order to best assist going forward. 

Can you help me if I do not live in the UK currently?

We can help all individuals and families from wherever they are located in order to help them get to the UK. We offer online and video call meetings. 

Is my application more likely to be successful if I use an Immigration Lawyer?

Using an Immigration Lawyer does not stand you in better stead in the eyes of Home Office, however, using an Immigration Lawyer does result in a better quality application that is correctly filled out and has the correct documents attached. This gives less space for error and increases the chances of the application being successful. This is particularly true in complex cases. 

Meet the Team

Related expertise

Best Law Firms 2024

Herrington Carmichael has once again been named in the Times Best Law Firms. We were first listed in 2023 and have once again made the Best Law Firms list for 2024.

Best Law Firm 2024