Drafting a Will
Our Private Client Solicitors are experts in Will writing, and invest a lot of time in making sure you get what you want and that it works.
Each Will we draft is tailored to your requirements by using the following process:
- We gather detailed information about your family and the make-up of your estate to enable us to advise on whether or not Inheritance or any other tax is an issue.
- We find out your wishes and assess your attitude to certain things, e.g. the age in which children should inherit.
- We explore such things as what provisions should be made if a major beneficiary dies prematurely or at the same time as you.
- We then draft a Will which is sent to you along with a detailed commentary designed to ensure that you understand everything in the Will.
- The Will is then signed.
- We then store your Will free of charge if you request.
- Have you considered your Digital Assets when making a Will?
What does this cost?
Less than you might think. In advance of any appointment we shall give you a range of likely prices and then when we meet you we will quote you a competitive price without any hidden extras. Many Will drafters quote a very cheap headline price but then add on a raft of extra charges for many of the items that are a standard part of our service.
Maybe you think you have grounds to challenge a Will, inheritance or have not been provided for:
Whether you are an individual beneficiary, a trustee, an executor or an administrator, whether you are a claimant or defendant, we have experience in acting for you. Our Dispute Resolution team can advise you.
Private Client Team
- All departments
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Latest news & insights
A recent Law Society blog by the Society’s Private Client Section member Jane Cassell focused on…read more
The Department for Work and Pensions has announced that families will find it easier to get help to pay for funeralsread more
This is the title of a report issued by the Office of Tax Simplification (OTS) at beginning of July.read more
Our pricing guides
Our pricing guides are for standard services and may be subject to increases where an individual case requires non-standard services. All prices are in Sterling (£) and VAT will be charged on top of the price at the applicable rate.
Price estimates for all other services are calculated once we know more about your individual case. Contact us for more information.