New Build Conveyancing
We are one of the largest Property Law Firms in the South East, with a specialist new build team dedicated solely to the new build housing market.
Our specialist New Build Solicitors have vast experience with newly built properties, regularly dealing with schemes like Help to Buy and Shared Ownership.
A leading provider of New Build Services
Our team has built a reputation as a leading provider of new build conveyancing as we have been appointed as panel solicitors for the likes of Ashberry Homes, Cala Homes, Croudace, Bellway, Bovis, Barratt, Elivia Homes, Linden Homes, David Wilson Homes, Jaspar Group, Legal & General Homes, Radian and more.
Our New Build Experience
Buying a new build home is more complex than the standard legal conveyancing process. The team at Herrington Carmichael have a wealth of experience across a range of different transactions, working on schemes like Help to Buy and shared ownership, through to buy to let, second homes and remortgaging. We have built excellent relationships over many years with a wide range of estate agents, property developers and mortgage providers.
New Build Conveyancing Services
New Build Conveyancing Fees
Please call us to discuss your new build sale or purchase. Our fees will be very much be dependent on the site, whether it is a leasehold or freehold and if we are one of their panelled solicitors. This will not only effect the price but also the our ability to achieve the typical 6 weeks to exchange deadline many developers like to aim for.
Have you thought about Declaration of Ownership?
A Declaration of Ownership (also known as a “Declaration of Trust”) is a legal document commonly used to set out the interests of individual parties where an asset is held in joint names with others. When a couple, for example, purchase their home, they may decide to put in place a Declaration of Ownership to set out their property interests. They could, for instance, decide that the property should be held equally or specify unequal proportions.
There are a number of benefits to putting in place a Declaration of Ownership. It not only clarifies the way in which the property is to be owned but also confirms the responsibilities of each of the co-owners, thereby avoiding complications from arising in the future.
Cohabitation Agreement or Living Agreement
A Cohabitation Agreement records the arrangements between two or more people who have agreed to live together. It records each parties’ rights and responsibilities in relation to the property, financial arrangements during the relationship and any arrangements to be made if they decide that they no longer want to live together.
Our strength across residential development, commercial investment property and real estate finance is shown through our growing list of over 40 active regional house builders and national developers.
Our teams are very experienced and can answer all of your property needs, from plot sales through to purchase of your brand new home.
Request a video call, phone call or a meeting in person with one of our team...
Latest news & insights
Have you ever wondered who would be liable if the chimney stack collapsed and your party wall was damaged in the process?
The Grenfell Tower tragedy sparked the most important review of building safety legislation in the history of the UK.
Zero carbon homes refers to residential buildings designed and constructed with a primary focus on minimizing carbon emissions.
It is hugely important that all those involved in the construction industry understand the new duties and review their contracts to ensure they properly deal with them.
It is essential to understand the unique challenges that the construction industry faces when it comes to managing sickness absence.
An Intercreditor agreement outlines the rights and obligations of multiple creditors when lending to the same borrower.
New Build Conveyancing Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Employee Share Schemes
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co - Restructuring
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Trainee Solicitor
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Award winning legal advice
Herrington Carmichael offers legal advice to UK and International businesses as well as individuals and families. Rated as a ‘Leading Firm 2024’ by the legal directory Legal 500 and listed in The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2023 & 2024’. Herrington Carmichael has offices in London, Farnborough, Reading, and Ascot.