Property Management Services
Our property law and corporate law team have a wealth of experience working with both developers and residents, from handover to creation of new property companies.
The set up of a property management company is often associated with new build property, where you need a group or entity to be responsible for the repair and maintenance of the common areas.
Property companies may come already set up by a developer and need handing over to residents, or they may need to be set up as a company first. We can help guide you on what stage you are at and what you will need to do.
What services can we help you with?
Once the management company has been handed over we can act as registered office and can also transfer shares when a property is subsequently bought or sold.
- Formation of a Company (Our corporate governance team will be able to help form your property management company.)
- Creation of the management company’s statutory books
- Handover of the management company from the developers to the homeowners
- appointing new directors
- acting as registered office
- answering replies to enquiries from a new purchaser looking to buy a property connected to the management company
- transferring shares in the management company when a property is bought or sold.
Handover of a property management company
On sale of the last property in the development, property developers can instruct Herrington Carmichael to ‘handover’ the management company to the property owners as the developer should not have a say in the running of the management company once all properties have been sold, we act in the interests of the management company going forward.
Request a video call, phone call or a meeting in person with one of our team...
What is a property management company?
In this podcast we considered what a property management company was and who benefitted from it.
What happens after a management company has been handed over by developers?
Episode 2: Property owners, managing agents and developers often ask us questions, here we start a series of podcasts to help.
Transfer of property management from developers to property owners
Episode 1: Property owners, managing agents and developers often ask us questions, here we start a series of podcasts to help.
Latest news | insights
This podcast will help businesses to avoid filing mistakes that can be costly further down the line and have a negative impact on the company.
This podcast explains how transferring company shares is not as simple as you may think, and the processes you should follow.
Upon lending company dissolution, if there are any property or rights to which the lending company is entitled…
In July 2022, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) published its final policy, rules and guidance on the new Consumer Duty.
Director disqualification in respect of dissolved companies is not a new principle, but in 2022 there is certainly a greater risk of it arising…
This podcast is for new businesses looking to register their company and will help you avoid making mistakes that can be costly further down the line.
Corporate Governance & Advisory Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Employee Share Schemes
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co - Restructuring
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Trainee Solicitor
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2023 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2022.