Our Corporate Restructuring team are experts in maximising clients’ business efficiency through reorganisations and demergers.
A corporate reorganisation can be an effective way of improving the value of a corporate group and of increasing returns to shareholders often in a more tax-efficient way.
Whether you want to merge existing operating companies, dissolve dormant companies no longer required by the group or restructure the ownership of assets within a business or group, it is essential to seek expert legal advice.
Our team of specialist corporate lawyers are here to assist you throughout your reorganisation, from advising on the most appropriate structure to supporting you in implementing any changes. Getting the right advice will ensure that you achieve the best outcome from your restructure for your group and its shareholders.
We have experience in advising on and implementing complex restructuring schemes, including:-
- Direct dividend demerger
- Three-cornered demergers / indirect dividend demerger
- Three-cornered capital reduction
- Liquidation schemes (s110 demergers)
Restructuring does not just have to involve the reorganisation of your corporate group structure. It may also include the reorganising of assets within the group. We have a team of experts who will tailor their advice to your specific needs:-
- Employment – to focus on more profitable areas, you may be transferring employees to different group companies or different roles;
- Banking & Finance – to get more funding into the business, you may wish to consider restructuring your current debt;
- Property – transferring a property or granting a lease to another group company or selling surplus property;
- Intellectual Property – intellectual property rights, such as copyright or trademarks, that may need to be transferred or shared within the group;
- Contracts – when reorganising your group, commercial contracts may need to be novated or renegotiated.
Enter your email address for legal updates on Corporate and Commercial law.
We had been working with HC as our corporate lawyers for many years so they were the obvious choice to support us in this process. Yavan and his team were excellent as they worked diligently with us throughout the process and we owe them a great deal of thanks for removing as much burden from us as they could. This allowed us to continue to run our business with limited impact during a time consuming process.
Latest news & insights
A private limited company is no longer required to appoint a company secretary, unless the company’s articles of association state otherwise.
In recent years, the construction industry has been hit with a torrent of obstacles, seeing prices rise significantly, with seemingly no relief on the horizon.
Informing the registrar about the satisfaction, or part satisfaction of a charge is in the best interests of the charger (company over whom the charge is registered).
Corporate Law Team
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2022 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2021.