Our team of experienced commercial property lawyers can help businesses and individuals with their management of commercial properties.
Our Commercial Property experts act for businesses and individuals in the purchase, asset management and sale of commercial property including offices, retail, industrial leisure and mixed use property.
Our commercial property services
Our services include advice on Property Investment, Secured Lending and Business Leases and by understanding our clients’ intentions from the beginning of transactions, we seek to protect their long term interests.
• Negotiating the sale and acquisition of freehold and leasehold commercial property.
• Dealing with commercial or mixed use property subject to leases.
• Advising on finance structures including secured lending and loan agreements.
• Corporate property restructuring including transfers between group companies or pension schemes.
• Acting for clients in property disputes with our Dispute Resolution team.
Our Recent Cases
- Acting for a hotel owner in relation to the sale of their hotel business, including the sale of the freehold property and the leaseback of part of the property to the seller.
- Acting for the sellers of a care home business, which included the disposal of 12 properties.
- Acting for a gym business in the acquisition of several new gym premises.
- Acting for a nursery business in the refinancing of their property portfolio of 19 properties
- The relocation of a bus company from multiple sites to one new depot in Bracknell following our client’s successful bid for new bus routes in the Wokingham and Bracknell area.
- Real estate support to US corporate transaction for the sale of a business with the seller retaining ownership of their UK property assets and granting new leases to the buyer inclusive of pre-emption rights and options for the potential future sale of the Property.
The team at Herrington Carmichael are responsive and reliable and provide an exceptional service to us. There is a strong level of ownership from the team and they go the extra mile to ensure that there is a thorough examination of each transaction and our interests are always protected.
The team works well together as well as interacting well with our in-house team. Everyone in the team is knowledgeable but if a situation arises that requires more senior involvement, escalation is quick and efficient to enable satisfactory solutions for all parties, to be found as quickly as possible.
Herrington Carmichael have the experience and in-depth knowledge of property law with the ability of individual solicitors to refer specific problems to specialist teams like the dispute resolution team.
Property Law Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Employee Share Schemes
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co - Restructuring
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Trainee Solicitor
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Latest news & insights
Have you ever wondered who would be liable if the chimney stack collapsed and your party wall was damaged in the process?
The Grenfell Tower tragedy sparked the most important review of building safety legislation in the history of the UK.
Zero carbon homes refers to residential buildings designed and constructed with a primary focus on minimizing carbon emissions.
It is hugely important that all those involved in the construction industry understand the new duties and review their contracts to ensure they properly deal with them.
It is essential to understand the unique challenges that the construction industry faces when it comes to managing sickness absence.
An Intercreditor agreement outlines the rights and obligations of multiple creditors when lending to the same borrower.
Enter your email address for legal updates on Property & Construction Law.
Award winning legal advice
Herrington Carmichael offers legal advice to UK and International businesses as well as individuals and families. Rated as a ‘Leading Firm 2024’ by the legal directory Legal 500 and listed in The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2023 & 2024’. Herrington Carmichael has offices in London, Farnborough, Reading, and Ascot.