Our Commercial Property experts act for businesses and individuals in the purchase, asset management and sale of commercial property including offices, retail, industrial leisure and mixed use property.
Our services include advice on Property Investment, Secured Lending and Business Leases and by understanding our clients’ intentions from the beginning of transactions, we seek to protect their long term interests.
• Negotiating the sale and acquisition of freehold and leasehold commercial property.
• Dealing with commercial or mixed use property subject to leases.
• Advising on finance structures including secured lending and loan agreements.
• Corporate property restructuring including transfers between group companies or pension schemes.
• Acting for clients in property disputes with our Dispute Resolution team.
Our recent cases
- Acting for a hotel owner in relation to the sale of their hotel business, including the sale of the freehold property and the leaseback of part of the property to the seller.
- Acting for the sellers of a care home business, which included the disposal of 12 properties.
- Acting for a gym business in the acquisition of several new gym premises.
- Acting for a nursery business in the refinancing of their property portfolio of 19 properties
- The relocation of a bus company from multiple sites to one new depot in Bracknell following our client’s successful bid for new bus routes in the Wokingham and Bracknell area.
- Real estate support to US corporate transaction for the sale of a business with the seller retaining ownership of their UK property assets and granting new leases to the buyer inclusive of pre-emption rights and options for the potential future sale of the Property.
Led by practice head Tim Hardesty, the team at Herrington Carmichael LLP has ‘an intelligent and business-like manner’ and ‘always provides a first-class service that is excellent value for money’. It acts for an impressive roster of residential builders and investors as well as broader commercial property clients. The group’s recent work includes the purchase of development sites for substantial house building, commercial borrowing mandates, and handling the acquisition of an office leasehold for an overseas client. Mark Izquierdo stands out for his ‘outstanding expertise combined with a fine legal brain and an uncompromising level of business and commercial acumen’ and Daniel York, who leads on landlord and tenant and secured lending work, is ‘a good leader’. Other key team members include Claire McSorley and new hire associate Terri Warren, who joined from Perrins Solicitors LLP and has many years experience in social housing and acquisitions work.
Thank you again for everything that you did in the sale of our property. We look forward to using you in the future.
– R. Bennett, Bennetts Commercials
Property Law Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Latest news & insights
Where NHBC (or alternative warranty provider) deal with the warranty and the Building Regulations on a development…
Today the Law Commission have published their latest reports on leasehold reform…
‘Alienation’ is the right granted in a lease for a tenant to assign, sublet, or share occupation of their property.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.