Relationship advice – let’s talk about it?
Mental health is something we often do not discuss openly.
Before you stop reading this and think ‘I’m fine, I don’t need to know this’, this article isn’t just about you it is also intended to raise awareness of how you can help and support others.
A standard question we ask others is ‘How are you?’ and the automatic reply we usually give is ‘I’m fine’, but the question is, are you / are they?
Are you / they genuinely, feeling fine or just giving the polite response thinking the other person doesn’t need to know how you / they are really feeling?
‘I’m Fine‘ is a great short video by the Mental Health Foundation.
Talking about your feelings can help you stay in good mental health and deal with times when you feel troubled. Talking about your feelings isn’t a sign of weakness. It’s part of taking charge of your wellbeing and doing what you can to stay healthy.
When we talk more openly about how we are feeling and our mental health we start to share experiences and we realise we are not alone. Talking can help you start to feel better and sharing our problems can lead to a solution.
Talking to a family member, friend or colleague is a good start. Or you may wish to reach out to someone professional for advice – an independent voice?
Relationship advice from a Family Lawyer
If you are having negative feelings about your relationship with your partner or spouse, you may benefit from talking to a family law specialist or divorce coach. We are a team of dedicated family lawyers who are here to give you advice on matters of family law that may help you decide how to move on and into a better space emotionally or physically.
Our family lawyers have recently been further exploring the need for self-care during a relationship breakdown and the support available to you or your family.
Partner, Family Law
Enter your email address for legal updates on Private Client & Family Law.
Family Law Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Competition Law
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data Protection - Marketing
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- New Businsess
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
FREE: Legal Insights and Event News
Keep you, your family and / or business up to date on how the law affects you, by subscribing to one of our legal insights.
Subscribe for free Legal Insights
& Event updates
Latest Family Law Insights
There’s been lots of media coverage regarding the government’s pledge to raise the minimum legal age of marriage to 18 in England and Wales.
If you have decided to get divorced and you have interest in a company you may be concerned about what might happen to the golden goose.
Going through family proceedings can be extremely stressful and many people find that connecting with nature can be helpful in supporting good mental health.
Top Legal Insights
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.