Residential Property – Conveyancing
Our specialist residential property team is one of the largest and most experienced in the region.
We understand that buying and selling your home can be a daunting yet exciting task, we aim to make the process as smooth, stress-free and cost effective as possible for you.
Our friendly and professional team have practical experience in many areas, from Help to Buy, buying a second home, remortgaging through to shared ownership. We have built excellent relationships over many years with estate agents, property developers and mortgage providers.
Our areas of expertise:
Buying or Selling your house
- Lease Extensions and Leasehold Enfranchisement
Our private client team are one of the few specialist solicitors in the UK for Equity Release. Equity Release is a form of borrowing that allows a home owner to release the wealth they have that is tied up in their house without having to sell that house and live somewhere else.
Our residential team’s reputation advising on new build conveyancing has seen a marked increase in the firms profile throughout the last few years with appointment’s as panel solicitors for many regional house builders and national developers.
The size of our Residential Property and Real Estate team give us added strength which reflects across our residential development, commercial property investment and real estate finance, this is reflected through our growing list of over 40 active regional house builders and national developers. We also act for sizeable landowners, structuring options and promotion agreements and conditional contracts with developers.
Stamp Duty Holiday until 31 March 2021
If you are thinking of moving house, now could be the time to do it, find out how much you could save on stamp duty >
Latest news & insights
Where NHBC (or alternative warranty provider) deal with the warranty and the Building Regulations on a development…
Today the Law Commission have published their latest reports on leasehold reform…
‘Alienation’ is the right granted in a lease for a tenant to assign, sublet, or share occupation of their property.
A side letter is usually a short document that is ancillary to the main commercial lease, which is intended to vary, clarify or supplement the main lease terms
In a speech delivered today, 8 July 2020, the Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced a Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) holiday for residential properties in England and Northern Ireland.
This is a much discussed topic where clarification from HMRC has been sought on several occasions and the case of Hyman v HMRC…
Residential Property Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Our pricing guides
Our pricing guides are for standard services and may be subject to increases where an individual case requires non-standard services. All prices are in Sterling (£) and VAT will be charged on top of the price at the applicable rate.
Price estimates for all other services are calculated once we know more about your individual case. Contact us for more information.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.