Our specialist residential property (conveyancing) team is one of the largest and most experienced in the region.
Our friendly and professional team have practical experience in many areas, from Help to Buy, buying a second home, remortgaging through to shared ownership. We have built excellent relationships over many years with estate agents, property developers and mortgage providers.
Our areas of expertise:
Our private client team are one of the few specialist solicitors in the UK for Equity Release. Equity Release is a form of borrowing that allows a home owner to release the wealth they have that is tied up in their house without having to sell that house and live somewhere else.
The size of our property teams give us added strength which reflects across our residential development, commercial property investment and real estate finance, this is reflected through our growing list of over 40 active regional house builders and national developers. We also act for sizeable landowners, structuring options and promotion agreements and conditional contracts with developers.
Stamp Duty Holiday until 31 March 2021
If you are thinking of moving house, now could be the time to do it, find out how much you could save on stamp duty >
Latest news & insights
2021 promises to be an interesting year, at the very least, for the property market as a number of major deadlines loom.
When assessing a planning application for development, authorities must consider whether any protected species are likely to be affected.
The ban on enforcing Possession Orders has been extended to 21 February 2021 with every expectation that it will be further extended.
Turnover Rent is a form of Rent in Commercial Leases which may benefit both a Landlord and a Tenant.
With a critical eye turned on the property developments in 2020 the panel discussed lessons learned from 2020…
The new guidance from HMRC makes it clear that compensation payments are now generally liable to VAT.
Residential Property Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- New Businsess
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
Our pricing guides
We are required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority to publish certain pricing information. Please contact us for an accurate fee proposal based on your particular facts and circumstances.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.