Our experienced team of residential property lawyers and conveyancing solicitors can help you with your property transactions.
Our specialist residential property solicitors (conveyancing solicitors) are part of one of the largest and most experienced property law teams in the region.
Our residential property law services
Our friendly and professional team have practical experience in many areas, from Help to Buy, buying a second home, remortgaging through to shared ownership.
We have built excellent relationships over many years with estate agents, property developers and mortgage providers.
Our areas of expertise:
Residential Conveyancing Pricing
We are required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority to publish the below pricing information. Please note, the below is applicable only to the stated circumstances, and unless a fixed fee is stated it is purely an indicative guide. Please contact us for an accurate fee proposal based on your particular facts and circumstances.
Specialist New Build Team
Buying a new build home is more complex than the standard legal conveyancing process. Our new build team has built a reputation as a leading provider of new build conveyancing having been appointed as panel solicitors for the likes of Ashberry Homes, Cala Homes, Croudace, Bellway, Bovis, Barratt, Elivia Homes, Linden Homes, David Wilson Homes, Jaspar Group, Legal & General Homes, Radian and more.
Request a video call, phone call or a meeting in person with one of our team...
Our Property Guides
Transfer of equity: house or flat
You have instructed us to act on your behalf in transferring equity in a property. We now have several steps to go through
Buying a House or Flat
Every purchase is different – we have prepared a guide to help you through the process before you can receive the keys to your new property.
Selling a House or Flat
You have instructed us to act on your behalf in selling a property. We now have several steps to go through before you can hand the property over.
Statutory Lease Extension
To own a lease of a flat means having the right to possess and occupy that flat for a fixed period of time, known as the term of the lease.
Remortgage: House or Flat
We will provide you with advice during your remortgage, including offering advice on any specific conditions of your lender.
Freehold & Lease Ownership
All land has someone that owns the freehold, called the freeholder, who own the freehold title to that land and any buildings on it.
Latest news & insights
The law surrounding cohabitating partners is a minefield and the unfortunate reality is that when such relationships break down, disputes can arise.
Have you asked your partner to move in with you? Maybe you’ve both decided to take the next step and purchase a property together.
It is hugely important that all those involved in the construction industry understand the new regulations and duties.
What is the new build buying process and when should I instruct a solicitor? We’re here to help answer your questions.
Looking at buying a new build property can help ease challenges as it offers a number of practical and money-saving benefits
Have you ever wondered who would be liable if the chimney stack collapsed and your party wall was damaged in the process?
Residential Property Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Employee Share Schemes
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co - Restructuring
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Trainee Solicitor
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Award winning legal advice
Herrington Carmichael offers legal advice to UK and International businesses as well as individuals and families. Rated as a ‘Leading Firm 2024’ by the legal directory Legal 500 and listed in The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2023 & 2024’. Herrington Carmichael has offices in London, Farnborough, Reading, and Ascot.