Tim became Head of the Real Estate Department in 2012, but stepped down in June 2023. He has a particular specialism in development work with particular expertise in residential development. He regularly deals with land acquisitions and disposals by way of unconditional or conditional contracts together with long and short term option agreements.
Tim acts on planning agreements and contract with affordable housing providers. He is the main contact for a number of the firm’s large clients on all aspects of commercial property and property law.
Tim has extensive experience of acting for both developers and landowners and can skilfully advise clients on all areas of property development and property law.
Experience | Key projects
- Acting for a developer in a complex purchase of a development site with an anticipated built value of £32m by way of a conditional agreement, sub-sale and a further development agreement for an additional part of the site.
- Acting for a national developer in the grant of a long term option agreement and subsequently after planning obtained for 290 houses acquiring the development site.
- Acting for a waste management company acquiring a disused energy from waste plant in Avonmouth with a purchase price of approximately £10m.
- Acting for landowner in respect of a long term option agreement with a national developer for an anticipated sale value in excess of £10m.
- Regularly acting for developer client in acquisition of development sites with and without planning permission.
Interests and Hobbies
Tim enjoys playing golf and organises a golf society for property professionals. In his spare time Tim enjoys country walks, visiting sites of historic interest and drinking craft beer.
Tim Hardesty is our residential development lawyer. He is a good lawyer and has offered very sound advice. He is able to provide advice on land purchasing, planning, SDLT and issues that impact on the land buying process. What I like about Tim is that he doesn’t use legal jargon and has a common-sense approach to land buying. He is proactive in getting deals done and importantly from my perspective doesn’t hold deals up over unimportant legal points. He is also very personable, and well known and liked by other professionals.
Award winning legal advice
Herrington Carmichael offers legal advice to UK and International businesses as well as individuals and families. Rated as a ‘Leading Firm 2023’ by the legal directory Legal 500 and listed in The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2023’. Herrington Carmichael has offices in London, Farnborough, Reading, and Ascot.