Liz has been Head of the Real Estate Department since June 2023, and specialises in commercial property and residential development work with expertise in Real Estate Finance. She regularly acts for developers and landowners on conditional and unconditional contracts, options, overage and JV agreements. She regularly acts for lenders and borrowers on real estate finance transactions. Liz advises on all aspects of commercial property and also has a wealth of experience in Landlord and Tenant work.
Liz is able to offer a commercial and proactive service to facilitate expeditious completions and pragmatic solutions.
Liz appreciates the primary aim of any client is simply to get the deal done. For many of her clients, it is not just the technical knowledge and experience that is required but also the ability to work to a tight deadline and speed of response is essential to achieve the right results. Liz ensures that whatever the pressure on a deal, she acts quickly, is highly responsive and co-operates with all parties involved to facilitate positive outcomes often on complex, high risk matters.
Experience | Key projects
- Acting for care home provider in £7.5m refinance of care home portfolio
- Acting on company refinance £11.5m commercial property portfolio
- Acting for care home provider in acquisition of multiple new homes including £5m+ purchase of existing home and related finance over a portfolio of homes
- Acting for residential developer in a complex purchase of a development site by way of a conditional contract, variation agreements, SPV share sale and sub-sale including in respect of planning agreements and senior and mezzanine finance requirements
- Acting on energy sector projects including options and acquisitions to optimise site value for energy investors
- Acting for self-storage companies on acquisitions, development projects and sales
- Acting for residential developer on £7.5m land acquisition, title split and development agreement
- Acting on a purchase of a mixed use site with complex interests including a development management agreement, long lease, development lease, retail lease back and transfer
- Acting for pension trustees buying and selling commercial property and associated finance
Yavan, Chris, and Liz are three of the most attentive, hands-on, and knowledgeable lawyers I have ever had the pleasure of working with. They were always available to answer my questions and provide me with excellent advice. They were also very proactive in managing my case and keeping me informed of its progress. I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of legal representation.
– Richard Owen, Director, Cinch Self Storage
Award winning legal advice
Herrington Carmichael offers legal advice to UK and International businesses as well as individuals and families. Rated as a ‘Leading Firm 2023’ by the legal directory Legal 500 and listed in The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2023’. Herrington Carmichael has offices in London, Farnborough, Reading, and Ascot.