Edward qualified into the Corporate & Commercial department in September 2020 having completed a training contract with the firm, including a 15-month seat in the Corporate & Commercial Department.
Edward specialises in corporate insolvency, and M&A transactions with a value below £2 million. He also assists with complex corporate restructuring, business ownership and general corporate law advisory matters.
Experience | Key projects
- Sale of independent financial advisor business: Advising London-based independent financial advisers on the sale of their family-run company for £950,000, which incorporated significant involvement with the FCA and their regulatory requirements.
- Acquisition by a Dutch technology company of a controlling interest in a UK company: Advising a Dutch company in their acquisition of a majority shareholding in a UK Company for an initial £585,000, with further advice given in relation to an option agreement permitting the Dutch company to acquire the remaining share capital of the UK company at a later date.
- Acquisition of a B2B marketing agency: Advising a regional marketing agency consolidator in their acquisition of the entire shareholding in a regional B2B marketing agency for a total consideration of £300,000, with a specific liability contribution mechanism being incorporated.
- Appointment of administrators for a national culinary recruitment agent: Assisting in the administration process of a national culinary recruitment agency alongside a national insolvency practitioner firm.
- Compulsory liquidations of various UK companies: Assisting in the compulsory liquidation process of multiple UK companies by member resolution, following the advice of a national insolvency practitioner firm.
Interests and Hobbies
Outside of the office, Edward enjoys swimming, is a cooking enthusiast and is an avid England Cricket and Manchester United fan.
We worked with Alex… and Ed… in the sale of our financial advice business and we found them extremely helpful in guiding us through the whole process and making what seemed like the complex and difficult, easy to understand. We found them approachable, knowledgeable and good listeners as well as advisers. I would certainly recommend them to any other firm who might be looking to take the same path as we have.
I would like to thank Herrington Carmichael for their professional service namely Edward from commercial and Daniel from property divisions. Being new in the U.K. and not understanding the processes, they both took time to explain the process and detailed reasons for the clauses put into the contracts. Well done 5 star treatment. Will definitely use you again.
We found Alex, Ed and the commercial team at Herrington Carmichael to be very knowledgeable, helpful and attentive from start to finish when we were selling our IFA business. We would have no hesitation in recommending them.
It was our first company acquisition and we knew we needed first class legal support; we certainly struck gold when with Alex and his team at Herrington Carmichael. Edward in particular was fantastic and guided us through the whole process with pragmatism and a level of calmness that was professional and reassuring. The experience was outstanding.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.