Denis works as part of the IT Support team providing support to staff with particular emphasis on the Firms practice management system and staff training. Duties include:
- Main point of contact for the Firm’s practice management system (PMS);
- Responsible for providing training for new and existing staff on the PMS and other related packages (e.g. dictation systems etc.) and initial staff IT training;
- Leading and developing use of the PMS including developing workflows, overseeing enhancements, planning and implementing changes to ensure best use of the systems; and
- Participate in the delivery of other IT projects.
Experience | Key projects
- Configuration and rollout of new Cisco telephone system and the training of staff and receptionists on use of the new system;
- Involved in assessment and selection of a new practice management system to replace the system the Firm has been using since 1998;
- Move from Olympus to BigHand digital dictation solution and training of staff in it’s use.
Denis has a background in IT consultancy and project management having previously worked for Andersen Consulting.
Interests and Hobbies
Outside of work Denis is married with three grown children, this has finally given Denis and his wife the opportunity to travel and explore the wonderful cities of Europe. Denis is also a big sports fan and follows a wide variety of sports: golf, rugby, football, cricket, ice hockey, moto GP and F1.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2023 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2022.