Claire works within the Residential Development department, her areas of responsibility include:
- Site acquisitions – options; conditional contracts or unconditional contracts; overage deeds; Legal Charges and mortgage related work;
- Planning agreements – either Unilateral Undertakings or Agreements with the Council;
- Utility Company Deeds – to grant rights for cables/drains, etc in favour of the relevant utility companies;
- Plot Sales – including drafting the contracts, transfers and leases (as appropriate) for the development; acting on the sale of each new build unit.
- Landlord and Tenant – acting for both Landlords and Tenants with a particular emphasis on dealing with healthcare facilities.
- Lease Extensions/Enfranchisement – acting for residential freeholders and leaseholders in the grant of Lease extensions and the acquisition/sale of the freehold reversion.
Experience | Recent Projects
Landlord and Tenant
- Acted for a Tenant taking a lease of premises in a mixed use development which is in the process of being built.
- Acted for a local landowner in the sale of a mixed use (commercial/residential) site which involved various leases and tenancy agreements and contamination issues.
Lease Extensions/ Enfranchisement
- Acted for a management company in granting lease extensions to approximately 60 freehold owners – including drafting the deed of variation of lease; satisfying any mortgagees requirements and preparing the deeds of substituted security for various mortgagees.
- Acted for a company in a CVA in disposing of their premises with overage provisions.
- Acted for a developer of prestige houses in acquiring a development site for in excess of £3million by way of a company acquisition (supported by our Company Commercial Dept)
- Acted for a developer in contracting to purchase a development site and then sub-selling the site to another developer with the benefit of planning consent – including advising client on SDLT implications of the transaction.
- Acted on a £14million purchase of an industrial estate for residential development, and completing the ancillary documentation – including Section 278 Agreement Section 106 Agreement and relocation of electricity substation on site.
- Acted for a developer in a complex purchase of a development site for in excess of £5m from a liquidator which included overage provisions which were varied.
Interests and Hobbies
Claire is a keen sports fan; she likes to keep fit by regularly attending the gym and enjoys watching live sport – she can often be found in Guildford supporting Surrey Heath (Basketball) or Guildford Flames (Ice Hockey). Claire is also an avid reader and hopes to write a novel one day!
I have been very impressed both with Claire’s professionalism, and her friendly and responsive manner
Very many thanks for the prompt and efficient way you dealt with all three [plot] sales.
The phrase “outstanding service” is not one I use often, but I have to hand it to you, yet another seamless property transaction completed. Thank you!