Regulatory & Compliance Lawyers
Our expert advisors are able to assist with a wide range of regulatory and compliance matters.
An increasing number of businesses are now faced with operating in highly regulated environments.Beyond those businesses operating with or engaging with sectors that would traditionally have been considered regulated.
As well as Data Protection, Consumer Law and Competition law matters, our expert advisors are able to assist with a wide range of regulatory and compliance matters, including financial services, international sanctions and industry sector product marketing and sale legislation, including pharmaceuticals and cosmetics legislation.
Regulatory & Compliance Experience
- Advising on and managing the legal aspects of a project to create and roll out a white labelled insurance product across 12 countries in EMEIA and attainment of appropriate regulatory status in each country, to include drafting Financial Conduct Authority application forms and advising on associated policies and procedures.
- Advising prospective ‘approved persons’ of businesses authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority of the implications of becoming so approved.
- Drafting insurance policy for new product being launched by household name insurance company.
- Advising an insurance broker in relation to Consumer Credit Act implications of offering payment of premium in monthly instalments.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on savings agreement under which £4 billion worth of savings were invested (white labelled savings product).
- Advising on what was at the time the UK’s largest ever transfer of home insurance business and simultaneous negotiations with 10 insurers.
- Drafting and negotiating terms of business agreements with various acquisitions and immediate AIM placings.
- Advising a start-up company in the financial services sector recovering sums for clients under Consumer Credit Act, to include setting up systems and processes.
- Advice as to minimum capital requirements.
Extensive Financial Services Experience
We have extensive experience advising household names operating in many sectors in the financial services industry, including high street banks, insurance companies, insurance brokers, pre-paid card providers and independent financial advisors.
We have advised clients operating in the financial services sector at every stage of their corporate life, from drafting and advising on Financial Conduct Authority applications, associated policies and procedures for businesses just starting out in the financial services sector, to assisting long established financial services businesses with their compliance programs and reporting obligations.
International sanctions & industry sector product marketing and sale legislation
We have experience guiding clients through complex situations, as an example, a component manufacturer could find itself having to consider international sanctions legislation if selling to a customer in a territory in respect of which the UK has imposed sanction.
In addition, our regulatory lawyers have experience advising clients operating in regulated sectors such as cosmetics, healthcare and pharmaceuticals on a wide range of matters including licences and dossiers of Marketing Authorisations and Responsible Person agreements.
Corporate Governance & Advisory Services
Corporate Governance requirements are now more complex than ever. Our specialist corporate governance team provides expert advice to in-house company secretarial teams and directors on all aspects of Corporate Governance.
Request a video call, phone call or a meeting in person with one of our team..
Latest news & insights
A private limited company is no longer required to appoint a company secretary, unless the company’s articles of association state otherwise.
In recent years, the construction industry has been hit with a torrent of obstacles, seeing prices rise significantly, with seemingly no relief on the horizon.
Informing the registrar about the satisfaction, or part satisfaction of a charge is in the best interests of the charger (company over whom the charge is registered).
The Companies Act 2006 introduced a number of duties to which all company directors must comply. These duties include…
Part 3 of our series of articles on ‘people with significant control’ ((PSC’s) will highlight filing obligation which must be adhered to.
Where a Company is undergoing a transfer or allotment of shares, there may well be resultant changes to the PSC registers.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2022 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2021.