Overseas visa nationals can apply for a Visitor visa to visit the UK for the purposes of tourism, business, medical treatment, marriage, transit and permitted paid engagements.
Applicants must apply from outside of the UK. Applicants cannot switch from the UK from a Visitor visa to another type of visa.
Applicants usually get a decision within 3 weeks. Priority service maybe available depending on where the applicant is applying from.
How we can help?
We have experience of preparing successful Visitor visa applications on behalf of our clients. We pride ourselves on the presentation of our applications to the Home Office. You can be assured that your application process will be managed in a professional and organised manner.
We will be with you every step of the way.
Request a video call, phone call or a meeting in person with one of our immigration law experts...
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Employee Share Schemes
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co - Restructuring
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Trainee Solicitor
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Latest news & insights
The UK Home Office has announced that visa application fees will increase substantially starting on 4 October 2023.
The latest statement of changes, published 7 September 2023, brings updates to the Youth Mobility Scheme, introduces the ETA scheme for non-visa nationals, removes the right of administrative review for EUSS refusals and presents Appendix Children.
The Government proposed significant increases to immigration fees and two Statements of Changes to the Immigration Rules were published.
Does the current immigration system sufficiently address labour shortages in the Leisure & Hospitality sector?
The private life route is a category of the UK’s immigration scheme and applications are made based on Article 8 of the ECHR.
Many overseas workers left the UK following Brexit and since then the UK have suffered for shortages of staff in many industries.
We are required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority to publish certain pricing information. Please contact us for an accurate fee proposal based on your particular facts and circumstances.
Award winning legal advice
Herrington Carmichael offers legal advice to UK and International businesses as well as individuals and families. Rated as a ‘Leading Firm 2023’ by the legal directory Legal 500 and listed in The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2023’. Herrington Carmichael has offices in London, Farnborough, Reading, and Ascot.