Indefinite Leave to Remain
Applicants who have lived legally in the UK for a certain length of time, may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK (i.e. settle in the UK).
In most cases, migrants will be eligible for settlement on completion of five years or more residence in the UK.
On the basis of long residence, applicants who have lived in the UK for 10 years continuously, with any combination of leave can qualify for ILR.
English Language Knowledge
All applicants under the ILR route must be able to demonstrate English language.
Life in the UK Test
All applicants under the ILR route must sit and pass the Life in the UK test. This tests the applicant’s knowledge of British customs and traditions.
How we can help?
Herrington Carmichael’s Immigration team can provide in-depth understanding of ILR requirements and achieve an incredibly high success rate for our clients.
You can be assured that your application process will be managed in a professional and organised manner.
Request a video call, phone call or a meeting in person with one of our immigration law experts...
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Employee Share Schemes
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co - Restructuring
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Trainee Solicitor
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Latest news & insights
The High Potential Individual (“HPI”) visa route opened earlier this year and allows qualifying individuals to enter the UK without needing an employer to sponsor them.
The scale-up visa route opened in August 2022 and allows workers to come to the UK to work for an eligible job for a fast-growing UK business
This month’s episode covers the legal requirements of right to work checks and how employers must conduct them going forward.
From 6 April 2022, important changes to both the Right to Work and Right to Rent Schemes will come into effect.
The new scale-up visa is “making it quicker and easier for fast-growing businesses to bring in highly skilled individuals” to the UK.
From 6 April 2022, employers will no longer be able to carry out a manual right to work check on those who hold…
We are required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority to publish certain pricing information. Please contact us for an accurate fee proposal based on your particular facts and circumstances.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2023 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2022.