Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
NDA’s (also known as confidentiality agreements and non-disclosure agreements) are frequently used in many corporate law and commercial law transactions.
NDA’s serve an important purpose in both large and small business and, when used properly, will help protect confidential information, keep trade secrets, and preserve the unique aspects that make your business work and differentiate it from your competitors – ultimately enhancing the value of your business
Even though NDA’s are one of the most frequently used and one of the most important documents for a business, they are often overlooked or not fully understood until something goes wrong and the NDA needs to be relied upon.
The commercial law team at Herrington Carmichael understand the importance of putting controls around the use and disclosure of the confidential information belonging to your business. We have vast experience in drafting, negotiating and advising on NDA’s.
We can help you to ensure your confidential information is protected under an NDA to the highest extent possible, we can also provide strategic advice on how to best protect your business and its reputation and what practical steps you can take to protect your confidential information.
If you find yourself in a situation where your confidential information is being misused and no NDA is in place, all is not necessarily lost – the common law duties of confidence may assist.
Enter your email address for legal updates on Corporate and Commercial law.
Herrington Carmichael has acted like an extension of our business. They have been a huge support, have been exceptionally credible in some extremely difficult commercial contractual matters.
Strong commercial and corporate team, offering reliable and practical advice at competitive rates. The quality of advice we have received when instructing the commercial team is comparable to many large City firms we have used but at non-City fees.
Herrington Carmichael has a diverse skillset, covering most requirements. This means we can tackle complex issues knowing that they can call on their colleagues to compliment the analysis.
Commercial Law Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Employee Share Schemes
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co - Restructuring
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Trainee Solicitor
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Insights & News
This podcast will help businesses to avoid filing mistakes that can be costly further down the line and have a negative impact on the company.
This podcast explains how transferring company shares is not as simple as you may think, and the processes you should follow.
Upon lending company dissolution, if there are any property or rights to which the lending company is entitled…
Recent Commercial Law Cases
Wealth Management Contract
Herrington Carmichael were instructed to advise on and negotiate a SAAS development and services agreement between a wealth management business and a wealth management platform service provider. Complexities included ensuring appropriate business continuity plans were in place (including software escrow arrangements), and ensuring compliance with the FCA rules on outsourcing to the cloud.
Commercial contract for new product
The commercial law team were instructed to advise on and negotiate a new product design agreement, development agreement and manufacturing agreement for a new product for use in the security sector. As part of the project, Herrington Carmichael were required to ensure a back to back contract was entered into with suitable flow down provisions to the key parts manufacturer.
A Complex Global Software Distribution Agreement
Herrington Carmichael were instructed to advise on and negotiate firstly an Australian and then a global software distribution agreement. Complexities included negotiating with a global business with strict contractual requirements and policies, whilst seeking to ensure a favourable position to our client. We were also required to manage the local law advice in respect of contracts governed by foreign laws and further to ensure that suitable terms were imposed on resellers commensurate to the protections required by our client.
The impacts of COVID-19
Businesses are facing increasing uncertainty in light of the rapidly evolving Covid 19 (Coronavirus) situation.
Coronavirus is having an unprecedented impact on the business and personal lives of everyone. Putting aside the obvious complications of trying to avoid social contact and staying healthy; the next big headache is how to keep businesses moving forward properly.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2023 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2022.