In-house legal support
With team members having worked in-house, we understand that the internal and commercial demands on in-house lawyers can put them under considerable pressure, with their time and expertise being pulled in many different directions.
We are here to provide in-house lawyers with legal support and advice. Our dedicated team of commercial lawyers are highly experienced in providing in-house legal teams with support, either as commercial law overflow assistance or on a project by project basis.
Experienced in-house counsel specialists
We have collaborated with in-house teams on a wide range of commercial and regulatory law projects including outsourcing agreements, complex services contracts, and regulatory advice over a number of years now.
In-house Lawyer training and support
We can also provide tailored training to in-house lawyers and their colleagues to keep them up to date and provide them with refreshers of new and ongoing commercial law and regulatory law considerations – for example, competition law training and Bribery Act 2010 refresher training.
Ad hoc in-house legal support or full project management
We can offer advice on an ad hoc basis whether it be a discrete question or a contract report. Alternatively, we are equally at home taking on entire projects to reduce the workload sitting with the in house legal team, reporting either to the in house counsel or directly to the other nominated stakeholders, and completing internal sign off / risk sheets as required.
We can either offer these services on a per matter basis or we can work on the basis of a pre-agreed monthly retainer in order to enable greater certainty over the budgeting of legal spend.
Contact Mark Chapman for more information on 01276 854 928 or email email@example.com
Enter your email address for legal updates on Corporate and Commercial law.
Latest news | insights
In the case of WEISS TECHNIK UK LTD v DAVIES, the Court held that four former employees and a company set up by one of them had breached their contractual and equitable confidentiality obligations.
On the 8th December 2022, the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) made changes to Chapter 12 of the Supervision Manual (SUP 12) of the FCA Handbook.
All of the government emergency legislation for COVID that was designed to prevent commercial tenants being wound up or leases forfeited because of rent arrears arising from the pandemic have gone.
The court has recognised that the creditor duty is not a standalone duty and is not a duty that directors owe directly to creditors.
One of the key ways a business can protect its brand is by registering it as a trade mark. In this Q&A, we answer some key questions about trade marks.
In 2023, organisations are increasingly devoting resources to their ESG strategies so that they can make a positive impact.
Commercial Law Podcasts
At the Legal Room UK we will be using a diverse range of our specialist lawyers and business friends to bring you expertise and insight on a variety of topics on a range of topics from commercial law, to property law, employment law and more.
All our podcasts are for general information and are not to be taken as bespoke legal advice.
The team provides an outstanding service and are very quick, thorough and professional with the response. The set up is very clear, you always know who is dealing with which part of the inquiry, corporate or property team.
Commerical Law Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Employee Share Schemes
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co - Restructuring
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Trainee Solicitor
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Herrington Carmichael LLP meets ‘international legal business standards in the field of mergers and acquisitions’ and is recommended for ‘distilling down complicated contractual advice into clear, concise and insightful feedback with clear recommendations and options’. Corporate lawyer and practice head Yavan Brar and senior solicitor Alex Canham are recommended for ‘their reactive and comprehensive approach when confronted with complex, international corporate legal situations’, while commercial specialist Mark Chapman ‘has strong technical knowledge and deals expeditiously with requests’ and ‘takes the time to understand clients’ businesses and shape his advice and support in a way that works for the client’. Work highlights included advising on acquisitions, share buy-backs and issuances, refinancing arrangements and financial services regulatory matters.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2023 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2022.