Herrington Carmichael has a team of experienced commercial lawyers that provide a combination of legal expertise and pragmatic commercial awareness.
We are acutely aware that not all projects fit neatly into a standard form of document and that contracts need to be tailored to the specific circumstances and the needs of our clients. Our wealth of experience means that there is very little that we have not seen before, so we are well placed to deal with whatever is thrown at us.
As well as advising clients on standard form terms & conditions for the purchase and supply of goods and services, we are experienced in drafting bespoke contracts for specific product sales or individual projects, both in the context of domestic and international markets.
We regularly advise clients on and negotiate complex commercial agreements, distribution agreements, outsourcing agreements, manufacturing agreements, SAAS contracts, and managed services agreements to name a few.
Our projects often include an international dimension, and we regularly project manage pan-European and global legal projects for clients from the UK.
We also regularly advise on:
- Pre-contract representation considerations, including in connection with government and local authority tenders.
- Applicable law and jurisdiction questions, particularly when considering multi-national contracting arrangements.
- Price, payment and security for payment issues.
- Retention of title, risk and insurance clauses.
- Incoterms® 2010 considerations.
- Post-termination enforcement issues relating to foreign counterparties
Herrington Carmichael LLP meets ‘international legal business standards in the field of mergers and acquisitions’ and is recommended for ‘distilling down complicated contractual advice into clear, concise and insightful feedback with clear recommendations and options’. Corporate lawyer and practice head Yavan Brar and senior solicitor Alex Canham are recommended for ‘their reactive and comprehensive approach when confronted with complex, international corporate legal situations’, while commercial specialist Mark Chapman ‘has strong technical knowledge and deals expeditiously with requests’ and ‘takes the time to understand clients’ businesses and shape his advice and support in a way that works for the client’. Work highlights included advising on acquisitions, share buy-backs and issuances, refinancing arrangements and financial services regulatory matters.Legal 500, 2019
Commerical Law Team
- All departments
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Herrington Carmichael LLP‘s ‘commercially astute‘ lawyers provide ‘the high standards of service expected of a City firm‘ with ‘reasonable billings‘. The firm focuses on M&A transactions with an international element, as well as advising on share sales and purchases, corporate restructurings, company option schemes, shareholders’ agreements and other commercial arrangements. Yavan Brar, Mark Chapman and Alex Canham are the lead partners.Legal 500, 2020
The team provides an outstanding service and are very quick, thorough and professional with the response. The set up is very clear, you always know who is dealing with which part of the inquiry, corporate or property team.Legal 500, 2020
Latest news | insights
The default position is that commercial properties are exempt from VAT. This means that the purchase or leasing of the property would not attract VAT on the …read more
Companies must note that ‘resolutions’ which have been agreed by the company’s…read more
Where a mistake has been made during the course of formalising commercial contractual arrangements…read more