We are alert to the fact that not all projects fit neatly into a standard form of document and that contracts need to be tailored to the specific circumstances and the needs of our clients. We make time to understand your business. Our lawyers have extensive experience across a wide range of industry sectors and have dealt with clients ranging from owner-managed businesses to many household name brands.
We regularly advise clients on and negotiate complex commercial agreements, agency & distribution agreements, outsourcing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, manufacturing agreements, IT & Technology contracts, and managed services agreements to name a few.
We also provide our clients with a full range of commercial law and regulatory law advice, including the impact of competition law on businesses, e-commerce and sales strategies, and ensuring businesses are aware of their data protection and regulatory requirements.
Our wealth of experience and blend of private practice and in house experience means that there is very little that we have not seen before, so we are well placed to deal with whatever is thrown at us.
As well as advising on commercial agreements and providing commercial advice, we offer bespoke commercial law training and in-house legal support tailored to suit you and your business.
Impact of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) on commercial contracts: Some Practical Tips.
Herrington Carmichael LLP meets ‘international legal business standards in the field of mergers and acquisitions’ and is recommended for ‘distilling down complicated contractual advice into clear, concise and insightful feedback with clear recommendations and options’. Corporate lawyer and practice head Yavan Brar and senior solicitor Alex Canham are recommended for ‘their reactive and comprehensive approach when confronted with complex, international corporate legal situations’, while commercial specialist Mark Chapman ‘has strong technical knowledge and deals expeditiously with requests’ and ‘takes the time to understand clients’ businesses and shape his advice and support in a way that works for the client’. Work highlights included advising on acquisitions, share buy-backs and issuances, refinancing arrangements and financial services regulatory matters.
Commerical Law Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Herrington Carmichael LLP‘s ‘commercially astute’ lawyers provide ‘the high standards of service expected of a City firm’ with ‘reasonable billings’. The firm focuses on M&A transactions with an international element, as well as advising on share sales and purchases, corporate restructurings, company option schemes, shareholders’ agreements and other commercial arrangements. Yavan Brar, Mark Chapman and Alex Canham are the lead partners.
The team provides an outstanding service and are very quick, thorough and professional with the response. The set up is very clear, you always know who is dealing with which part of the inquiry, corporate or property team.
Latest news | insights
A business wishing to terminate a contract should carefully assess whether a valid right to terminate has arisen and should also carefully assess…
As explained in our Residential Landlords Update article the Coronavirus Act 2020 obtained Royal Assent on 25 March…
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the restrictions now in place to control its spread, are having a significant effect on many business sectors.