Herrington Carmichael has a team of experienced commercial lawyers that provide a combination of legal expertise and pragmatic commercial awareness.
We are acutely aware that not all projects fit neatly into a standard form of document and that contracts need to be tailored to the specific circumstances and the needs of our clients. Our wealth of experience means that there is very little that we have not seen before, so we are well placed to deal with whatever is thrown at us.
As well as advising clients on standard form terms & conditions for the purchase and supply of goods and services, we are experienced in drafting bespoke contracts for specific product sales or individual projects, both in the context of domestic and international markets.
We regularly advise clients on and negotiate complex commercial agreements, distribution agreements, outsourcing agreements, manufacturing agreements, SAAS contracts, and managed services agreements to name a few.
Our projects often include an international dimension, and we regularly project manage pan-European and global legal projects for clients from the UK.
We also regularly advise on:
- Pre-contract representation considerations, including in connection with government and local authority tenders.
- Applicable law and jurisdiction questions, particularly when considering multi-national contracting arrangements.
- Price, payment and security for payment issues.
- Retention of title, risk and insurance clauses.
- Incoterms® 2010 considerations.
- Post-termination enforcement issues relating to foreign counterparties
Commerical Law Team
- All departments
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Herrington Carmichael LLP’s lawyers are ‘as sharp with legal knowledge as they are with client care’. Diving his time between Camberley and Wokingham, Mark Chapman is a ‘legal champion’ providing the ‘very best advice’ on service agreements, privacy policies, supply of goods and other high-end commercial matters.Legal 500, 2017 Edition
Latest news & insights
A public consultation published by the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) has set out proposed new corporate governance and reporting principles for large private companies in the UK.read more
The crackdown on terrorism continues, with the European Commission turning its focus firmly on internet service providers (ISPs).read more
What are some of the major tax implications that international JVs need to be aware of in your jurisdiction?
Final part of our 3 part question series from the “Establishing international joint ventures” series, released by IR Global.read more