Banking & Finance
Our Banking and Finance team comprises of specialist lawyers from our commercial law, corporate law and property law teams.
We have a vastly experienced legal team to draw upon, with a rapidly growing reputation for offering specialist legal advice on banking and financial matters – from business start-ups, lending, financial services, debt solutions, property development, refinancing, restructuring and beyond.
Our growing reputation for Banking and Finance advice was further enhanced in January 2018 by having our place renewed on the Metro Bank lending and securities panel.
Being re-appointed to the Metro Bank panel demonstrates our level of service and shows how our corporate and commercial lawyers are maintaining high levels of service; levels which have also seen us added to Arbuthnot Latham’s and NatWest’s ‘Commercial Banking Legal Panels’. Our previous and new found success shows our standing at a national level and helps retain our reputation as one of the fastest growing firms in the local area.
Our banking and finance services include:
Yavan’s approach in dealing with negotiations and in dealing with the city lawyers on a multi-million pound investment were commercially focused, ensured that progress was made and that we concentrated on the areas of the greatest importance. It greatly assisted in ensuring that a potentially complex closing was dealt with effectively and with a successful result. Always approachable and responsive, Yavan and his team are professional and a pleasure to deal with. When the deal was complete, our new partners also remarked on the extremely pragmatic and professional input from Yavan and his team.
- International white labelled Insurance product – The legal aspects and roll out of an insurance product across 12 countries in EMEIA and attainment of appropriate regulatory status in each country, to include drafting Financial Conduct Authority application forms and advising on associated policies and procedures.
- £4 billion worth of savings – Drafting, negotiating and advising on a savings agreement (white labelled savings product).
- UK’s largest ever transfer of home insurance business and simultaneous negotiations with 10 insurers (at the time)
- Advising prospective ‘approved persons’ of businesses authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority of the implications of becoming so approved.
- Drafting and negotiating terms of business agreements with various acquisitions and immediate AIM placings.
- Advising a start-up company in the financial services sector recovering sums for clients under Consumer Credit Act, to include setting up systems and processes.
Banking and Finance Team
- All departments
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Latest news | insights
With effect from 9 December 2019, the requirements to provide regulatory references is expanding. So, what do you need to know?
Companies must note that ‘resolutions’ which have been agreed by the company’s…
Where a mistake has been made during the course of formalising commercial contractual arrangements…