Banking & Finance
Our Banking team comprises specialist lawyers from our commercial law, corporate law and property law teams.
We have an experienced legal team to draw upon, with a strong reputation for offering specialist legal advice on banking matters. We advise on a number of different types of banking services, including:-
- Structured / leveraged finance
- Acquisition lending
- Real estate lending
- Mezzanine finance
- Asset-based lending
- Syndicated loan agreements
- Bilateral loan agreements
We negotiate and advise on all types of facility and loan agreements and the security options available to lenders and borrowers. These security options include legal charges, debentures, charges over intellectual property rights and charges over shares amongst others.
Our banking reputation and skillset has seen our appointment to a number of banking panels, including those of Metro Bank plc and National Westminster Bank plc.
Recent banking projects include:
- Advising UK lender on £4.5m lend to facilities management provider: Advising high-street lender on acquisition finance £4.5m lend to facilities management provider to acquire entire issued share capital of other facilities management business.
- Advising specialist ATM services group on a £21m re-finance of existing loan facility. Advising specialist ATM services group on re-finance of existing loan facilities with term loan facility of up to £21m and invoice finance facility.
- Advising property developer on re-finance of three sites for £15.2m. Advising UK property developer on re-finance of three sites for aggregate value of £15.2m, including dealing with further equity releases.
- Advising mezzanine lender on assignment of debt from lender in administration: Advising mezzanine lender on assignment of £1.4m of debt from third-party lender in administration to mezzanine lender and subsequent further facility of £2.6m.
Yavan’s approach in dealing with negotiations and in dealing with the city lawyers on a multi-million pound investment were commercially focused, ensured that progress was made and that we concentrated on the areas of the greatest importance. It greatly assisted in ensuring that a potentially complex closing was dealt with effectively and with a successful result. Always approachable and responsive, Yavan and his team are professional and a pleasure to deal with. When the deal was complete, our new partners also remarked on the extremely pragmatic and professional input from Yavan and his team.
Yavan and his team at Herrington Carmichael recently advised us on the assignment of two loans and associated security from third party lenders onto our books. Yavan and Matt provided advice of the highest quality and ensured the transactions completed swiftly. They were available whenever we needed to contact them and kept their advice commercially focused to our specific requirements. We have built a good relationship up with the whole team at Herrington Carmichael and would certainly recommend them.
Latest news | insights
In these unprecedented times both mortgage lenders and borrowers are encountering new situations and potential challenges to…
When lending money to a third party it is common practice for a lender to secure their loan against assets of the borrower
With effect from 9 December 2019, the requirements to provide regulatory references is expanding. So, what do you need to know?
Banking and Finance Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.