International Legal Services
Our International Legal Services and Expat Legal Services continue to support our business growth and our network of clients and referrals worldwide.
Herrington Carmichael has a diverse client-base covering multi-national organisations, entrepreneurial businesses and individuals, we regularly provide and coordinate advice on international legal projects across a range of jurisdictions.
We are a long-standing member of the IR Global network having established relationships with over 130 firms in all major jurisdictions across Asia, Africa, the Americas and Europe; meaning we are well equipped to provide international legal advice and support that’s tailored to your requirements.
Providing UK legal advice to our international clients is a core part of our business and we frequently work with members of the IR Global network and our clients’ existing overseas advisers to support them with their commercial or private legal requirements.
We also support our client’s international requirements by working with like-minded independent law firms around the globe or their existing counsel. We work with firms that share our values and provide expert advice. We have invested considerable resources establishing relationships within our network so that we can be transparent and work without interruption to support your needs.
Managing an international legal project can be daunting, but we are experienced in coordinating and managing international projects, including international transactions, property transactions, document translation and cross-border distribution networks. These all draw on the domestic expertise our advisers have.
With this considerable experience in a variety of cross border matters, Herrington Carmichael is able to extend its exceptional reputation, high professional standards and subject-area expertise to an international audience.
IR Global – A Jurisdictional Guide of how to Manage Risk in Multinationals
IR Global members collaborate with the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) to offer their jurisdiction- specific perspectives when representing a client with significant business activities in foreign jurisdictions.
IR Global – Meet The Members – England
11 IR Global members in England have collaborated on IR Global’s recent Meet the Members guide for their jurisdiction.
IR Global – The future of Data Privacy
As we enter the age of Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things, our personal data matters more than ever. In the following guide you’ll hear from 23 legal experts from across the globe, including our very own, Matthew Lea, discuss data privacy laws in response to GDPR .
Working with IR Global
International Legal Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Latest news & insights
The UK economy cannot ignore the financial shockwaves it feels as a direct impact of the coronavirus pandemic 2019-20.
International insolvency regulates the treatment of financially distressed debtors where such debtors have assets and liabilities in more than one country..
Don’t get caught out! For strategic legal advice on how best to protect your business and its reputation, contact the experienced commercial solicitors at Herrington Carmichael LLP
What are the most common ways to structure an international joint venture involving your jurisdiction?
England – Alex Canham (AC) In the UK, one of the main questions I ask when looking at international joint ventures (JVs) is what is the purpose? Is it a management JV designed to share information, or an output JV designed to deliver a product or service based on skill sets the parties want to bring together? That will dictate the type and structure of JV that the parties end up using.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.