Our Corporate team is highly experienced across a full ambit of corporate transactional work and across a wide range of industry sectors.
This enables us to provide our clients with solutions which are proportionate to the risk posed to them as well as ensuring that they are within budget. Our tailored service provides our clients with invaluable assistance in structuring a deal, rather than merely just attending to the legal process and documentation. A corporate lawyer needs to be a trusted adviser who can add value where at all possible; we do that, which is why our clients stay with us.
We provide our clients with a full range of corporate work, including mergers and acquisitions, disposals, transaction due diligence, private equity reorganisations and demergers, joint ventures, employment incentive schemes, SEIS & EIS Investment Schemes, corporate restructuring and corporate governance.
Our team are highly ranked in the UK’s major legal directories, Chambers UK Guide and The Legal 500, with offices in Camberley, Wokingham and London.
Many of the transactions that we advise on have an international dimension and as a recommended referral partner of the International Referral Group, we advise overseas clients with business interests within the UK and have established links in the major jurisdictions around the world so that we can refer our clients to suitable overseas specialist lawyers where appropriate
Herrington Carmichael LLP’s ‘commercially astute’ lawyers provide ‘the high standards of service expected of a City firm’ with ‘reasonable billings’. The firm focuses on M&A transactions with an international element, as well as advising on share sales and purchases, corporate restructurings, company option schemes, shareholders’ agreements and other commercial arrangements. Yavan Brar, Mark Chapman and Alex Canham are the lead partners.
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
They are quick, constructive and flexible; instead of saying “we can’t do that” their general attitude was always “how can we make this work?”. They didn’t over-complicate, and all their advice on risk was placed squarely in a real-world commercial context. We would recommend them highly.
Latest news & insights
A side letter is usually a short document that is ancillary to the main commercial lease, which is intended to vary, clarify or supplement the main lease terms
Once a tenant has decided that they wish to take a commercial lease of a property, the landlord and tenant must agree the Heads of Terms.
You’ve put effort into making your business into the success it is so far, so on exit what are the things you need to do to maximise the value for you?
Deciding when to sell your business and who to sell it to are some of the hardest decisions you will make as an entrepreneur.
Applications opened on 20 May 2020 for the government’s £250million Future Fund loan scheme…
If you are unsure of what the requirements are or whether you are meeting those requirements, or maybe you would just like some assistance…
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.