Our Corporate team is highly experienced across a full ambit of corporate transactional work and across a wide range of industry sectors.
This enables us to provide our clients with solutions which are proportionate to the risk posed to them as well as ensuring that they are within budget. Our tailored service provides our clients with invaluable assistance in structuring a deal, rather than merely just attending to the legal process and documentation. A corporate lawyer needs to be a trusted adviser who can add value where at all possible; we do that, which is why our clients stay with us.
We provide our clients with a full range of corporate work, including mergers and acquisitions, disposals, transaction due diligence, private equity reorganisations and demergers, joint ventures, corporate structures and corporate governance.
Our team are highly ranked in the UK’s major legal directories, Chambers UK Guide and The Legal 500, with offices in Camberley, Wokingham and London.
Many of the transactions that we advise on have an international dimension and as a recommended referral partner of the International Referral Group, we advise overseas clients with business interests within the UK and have established links in the major jurisdictions around the world so that we can refer our clients to suitable overseas specialist lawyers where appropriate
Herrington Carmichael LLP’s ‘commercially astute’ lawyers provide ‘the high standards of service expected of a City firm’ with ‘reasonable billings’. The firm focuses on M&A transactions with an international element, as well as advising on share sales and purchases, corporate restructurings, company option schemes, shareholders’ agreements and other commercial arrangements. Yavan Brar, Mark Chapman and Alex Canham are the lead partners.
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
They are quick, constructive and flexible; instead of saying “we can’t do that” their general attitude was always “how can we make this work?”. They didn’t over-complicate, and all their advice on risk was placed squarely in a real-world commercial context. We would recommend them highly.
Latest news & insights
The Regulations give commercial agents certain rights that go beyond those implied under the common law of England and Wales.
Mezzanine finance is a popular choice for those working in the construction industry as a means of topping up the facilities provided by senior lenders.
COVID-19 has had an unprecedented impact on UK businesses who are continuing to adapt to the ongoing changes daily.
If you are part of a management team and are thinking about a management buyout (“MBO”) there are a lot of questions you may have.
Parties to a contract can expressly agree that they will act in good faith under the terms of the contract however…
In light of the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) situation the Chancellor has announced…