Disputes & Claims
Our Dispute Resolution Team of experienced, specialist lawyers is dedicated to helping you when disputes arise.
When you need urgent action we are quick and decisive. Where more strategic input is required, we will offer you pragmatic thoughtful solutions to avoid a dispute or mitigate risk with advice that is clear, concise and commercial.
Our experience covers the full range of disputes from the complex and high value to the more modest. We represent clients in the courts, arbitration tribunals and use alternative dispute resolution procedures, including mediation, to resolve disputes. We understand your concerns to avoid the expense and distraction that disputes can bring and we will work with you to find a solution to your problem.
Our approach is tailored to you to provide an effective strategy.
Land and Property Disputes
See our Business Disputes section which can sometimes impact an individual in the following areas:
Do you need an initial assessment of your dispute?
Use our FREE Costs Benefit Analysis Report – “Is the Dispute Worth It?”
Civil Mediation, Family Mediation, Business Mediation and Corporate Mediation is becoming increasingly popular, why go through the pain of the courts, with a potentially long and drawn out procedure, when you could bring a case to an agreed conclusion through mediation.
Herrington Carmichael LLP’s team ‘excellent, professional and responsive’. It handles a broad range of breach of contract matters; professional negligence; protection of confidential information and conflicts arising from corporate relationships. Practice head Frankie Tierney is ‘personable and experienced’ and provides ‘sound legal advice’ and ‘outstanding lawyer’ Frances Kyle is also a key member of the team.
Latest news & insights
It will come as no surprise to Residential Landlords that regulations relating to the removal of tenants have been extended again.
During COVID-19, the Government has put legislation in place to protect people from being affected by the consequences of their debts.
Fortunately, many businesses will now be able to successfully recover under their business interruption policies for losses caused by Covid.
The ban on enforcing Possession Orders has been extended to 21 February 2021 with every expectation that it will be further extended.
If you are not careful, a contract can be entered into with an exchange of emails and be legally binding…
In future, the implications of Brexit are likely to give rise to several contract disputes in relation to issues such as…
Disputes & Claims Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- New Businsess
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.