Areas of responsibility
Residential Development including:
- Site acquisitions
- option agreements;
- unconditional / conditional contracts
- legal charges and mortgage related work
- Planning agreements – either Unilateral Undertakings or Agreements with the Council
- Deeds of Grant to grant rights for cables, pipes and drains in favour of utility companies or private land owners.
- Plot Sales site-set up, including drafting the contracts, transfers and leases (as appropriate) for the development
Leasehold work including:
- Landlord and Tenant work -acting for both Landlords and Tenants in the granting and taking of commercial leases.
- Lease Extensions and Enfranchisement – acting for residential freeholders and leaseholders in the grant of Lease extensions and the acquisition of the freehold reversion.
- Acted for a developer in contracting to purchase a development site by way of an option agreement, and then sub-selling the site to another developer with the benefit of planning consent
- Instructed on the acquisition of the freehold of a residential block by the leasehold owners following the freeholder’s service of a Section 5 Notice. Including acting for the freehold company in granting lease extensions to the participating leasehold owners.
Interests and Hobbies
Steph is a keen home baker and an avid fan of The Great British Bake Off. To counteract the effect of the cakes she makes, Steph likes to keep fit by regularly attending the gym, going mountain biking and climbing the odd mountain.