Sandeep advises on all aspects of Corporate Governance.
He is a member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and a member of The Chartered Governance Institute.
He advises on the legal aspects of Governance, Risk and Compliance in supporting directors, trustees and governors of organisations.
His expertise lies in board support, in the running of meetings and committees ensuring that as a body and individuals they understand their roles, responsibilities and duties. This encompasses directional guidance in complying with constitutional matters and procedures, supporting the chair, minuting meetings, documenting resolutions and organisation of statutory filings.
He provides guidance to boards in consideration of their corporate objectives, emergent strategic risks and the changing compliance landscape specific to the sector.
Sandeep has specialist skills which he brings to Herrington Carmichael LLP, having been a Board Director and Company Secretary at ABN AMRO Commercial Finance PLC (an asset-based lender) and Group Secretary at Trident Trust Group (a global provider of corporate, trust and fund administration services). With over 25 years of financial services experience he has helped many multinational businesses overcome strategic challenges.
He has also served as a Chair of a school governing body for many years, acted as both a local authority governor as well as a school parent governor.
Sandeep is conversant in Hindi and Marathi.
Experience | Key projects
Whilst in industry, Sandeep has carried out:
- Global Group entity management in terms of annual compliance and records maintenance for financial services companies with annual turnovers of £200M
- Entity rationalisation and Group structure reorganisation for financial services subsidiaries
- Placing, transferring and assigning group service contracts for financial services entities as a result of a restructure
- Board and committee meeting support for banking subsidiaries with a portfolio of lending facilities of £600M
- Governance policy drafting and review for banking subsidiaries
- Acquisition and transactional support for banking subsidiaries
Interests and Hobbies
Outside of work, he enjoys watching rugby, football and cricket; and is also a keen traveller and Spurs fan.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2022 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2021.