Areas of responsibility
Robert joined Herrington Carmichael in September 2013 and qualified as a solicitor in September 2015. Since January 2015, Robert has specialised in employment law and has become an integral member of the Employment department. He provides support to both corporate entities and individual clients on a wide variety of employment matters.
Robert specialises in advising on all aspects of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations and collective consultation processes. This includes advising clients in respect of their obligations, strategic advice on how best to achieve their ideal resolution and drafting of commercial documentation. As well as this specialism, Robert also advises clients on day to day HR matters and all aspects of Employment litigation.
Examples of some of Robert’s recent work include, advising on:
1) the partial closure of a client’s premises, redundancies and collective consultation obligations;
2) the large scale restructure of a national business, including large scale redundancies and a service provision change;
3) the TUPE implications on the sale of the business and transfer of over 30 employees;
4) the defence of breach of contract claim in relation to the pursuit of commission;
5) the pursuit of a discrimination claim on the basis of maternity that involved a TUPE transfer; and
6) negotiating an exit for the Managing Director of a commonly known entity.”
“I have worked closely with professional law firms for over 30 years and during that time, no one firm has matched the care, diligence and professionalism of the Team at Herrington Carmichael, ably led by Alex Canham, who understood our regulatory issues and concerns at a very early stage, which filtered through to Kate Eyres and Robert Frampton each in their specialist areas, absolutely seamlessly. When selling a business, you only get one chance to get it right and I will be forever grateful for the skill and advice provided by Alex and his colleagues. Many thanks.” Paul Thomas, Business Development Director, Generic Financial Management Ltd.
Interests and Hobbies
Robert is an Arsenal fan and tries to watch them as often as he can. As well as watching football, he will get involved in or watch most sports including football, tennis, badminton and cricket. Robert has a keen interest in fitness and has competed in the Windsor half marathon.