Kate deals with a variety of corporate matters including share sales and purchases, asset sales and purchases, shareholder agreements, and other business ownership matters. She also supports the departments commercial side and in particular has experience working on intellectual property matters, particularly trade mark applications within the UK and the EU.
Experience | recent projects
Acquisitions and Disposals
- Assisting on various sales and acquisitions of financial advisory businesses, for consideration between £500,000 and over £20 Million.
- Advising a charity promoting healthy lifestyles on a series of acquisitions of the business and assets of various Gyms, including assisting with the associated property matters.
- Assisting in the sale of a local barbers, ensuring the separation of the business being sold and the business being retained.
- Advising on the sale of a local accountancy firm.
- Assisting a restaurant and food business by filing a series of Trade Mark applications in order to protect to the goodwill in the business’s various brands;
- Assisting a German based online business in filing a Trade Mark application in the EU, and facilitating applications in the US.
- Advising a UK based pet product business on protecting their brand, including investigating protection of specific products and slogans, and filing a range of Trade Mark applications to ensure suitable protection.
Interests and Hobbies
Outside of work Kate enjoys travelling with friends to near and far flung places, and has recently visited Stockholm and the Canadian Rockies. Kate is also a keen skier and Crystal Palace fan.
We would like to thank Alex and Kate for their professionalism, efficiency and overall patience whilst assisting us in the sale of our business. Both Alex and Kate were quick to respond to us and our buyer’s legal team, there were no unnecessary delays and everything was dealt with promptly and without fuss. Overall we were extremely satisfied and impressed by the service delivered to us.
We would like to thank Alex and Kate for their professionalism, efficiency and overall patience whilst assisting us in the sale of our business. We found that both Alex and Kate were quick to respond to us and our buyer’s legal team, there were no unnecessary delays and everything was dealt with promptly and without fuss. Overall we were extremely satisfied and impressed by the service delivered to us
A big thank you to Alex and his team in particular Kate and Melissa who worked diligently and at all times looked to serve our best interests. They were constantly available to provide reassuring advice through a sometimes difficult transaction and fraught period. Despite the tight deadlines and significant workload I was delighted with their performance.
The service provided by Kate and the team was exemplary and I felt supported throughout the process in which we came to a very positive outcome for the business. As a small business, I found the price to be fair considering the quality of service provided throughout; I would recommend Herrington Carmichael to any of my contacts.