Joel qualified as a Corporate Solicitor in 2019 at a regional firm and then joined the Corporate and Commercial Department at Herrington Carmichael in 2021. Joel advises his clients on a variety of corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, company restructures, franchising and general corporate law advisory matters. Joel specialises in share sales and purchases with a value below £2 million, but also assists with high value (£2-£10m) financial service mergers and acquisitions.
Joel graduated from Kingston University with a degree in Law and went on to complete his LPC at the University of Law in Guildford.
Experience | Key projects
- Sale of an Independent Financial Advisor business for £8,000,000. Assisting with negotiating the sale of an IFA business to a large equity fund backed financial services company.
- Group restructure and acquisition of an Independent Financial Advisor group for £4,500,000. Advising on a pre-acquisition restructure and acquiring a family owned IFA practice group including multiple subsidiaries.
- Sale of an Independent Financial Advisor business for £2,500,000. Advising an independent IFA on the sale of their company and providing guidance on the necessary FCA authorisation process.
- Acquisition of an Independent Financial Advisor business for approximately £600,000. Advising an IFA practice on the acquisition of an owner-managed IFA as part of a larger series of acquisitions.
- Advising on franchise agreements for a leading haulage and logistics company.
Interests and Hobbies
Joel is a keen footballer, with his greatest success to date being captaining his five a side team to league winning glory in their first season together. Joel is an avid Arsenal fan (for his sins) and is regularly in attendance at the Emirates. Aside from football, Joel enjoys keeping fit and has recently taken up golf as a hobby.
FREE: Legal Insights and Event News
Keep you, your family and / or business up to date on how the law affects you, by subscribing to one of our legal insights.
Subscribe for free Legal Insights
& Event updates
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.