Areas of responsibility
Imelda is a trusted adviser to a number of corporate entities and high-net worth individuals, specialising in area of Immigration. This includes, but is not limited to: –
- Compliance and right to work checks for employers
- Sponsorship applications for businesses who want to employ workers from outside of the European Union
- Educational establishments who want to offer approved courses to students outside of the European Union
- Businesses starting up in the UK, from international companies, as a sole representative visa
- Multinational companies who want to transfer staff from their offices outside of the UK under the Tier 2 Intra Company Transferee routes
- Preparing applications for family members of skilled workers from outside of the European Union and for family members of European Citizens who want to work in the UK
- Undertaking appeals to the first tribunal or administrative reviews of entry clearance applications
- British citizenship and permanent residence or Indefinite Leave to Remain applications, and
- Booking and / or attending premium appointments at Public Enquiry Offices.
Experience / recent projects
Imelda has over 8 years of experience working in the immigration field since the inception of the Points Based System, and the introduction of right to work compliance checks. Recent projects include:
- Successful appeal to the first tier tribunal to extend a Tier 2 General worker who was refused an extension on the basis of his salary. The Home Office had to change the rules to make them less ambiguous as a result.
- Successful expedited appeal to the first tier tribunal for the entry of twin babies of settled parents to the UK.
Clients of Herrington Carmichael LLP ‘always receive a consistently high level of service’ from the immigration team, which is praised for its ‘excellent knowledge of immigration law and the procedures and processes behind it, ensuring that all avenues are considered so as to mitigate against any risks’. Headed by Imelda Reddington (who is ‘highly regarded in the field of immigration law’), the practice has cultivated a firm following among employers nationwide, who regularly instruct the firm on licence application compliance, Brexit-related immigration issues, and ongoing compliance with sponsor duties and recruitment of migrant workers, among other matters. – Legal 500 2019
Interests and Hobbies
Acting Chair of Governors for a Catholic Primary School and foundation Governor for Westminster Dioceses.
A busy mother of three teenage children who compete in swimming, gymnastics, football, tennis and rugby and a 2.5 year old golden retriever who needs too much attention.
A keen dancer when time permits, of Irish set dancing and modern jive. An annual skier.
Just recently taken up tennis. Has completed one half marathon.