Hannah is an senior solicitor in the employment team with experience of acting in contentious and non-contentious matters for clients from a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, IT/software, retail and waste management. Hannah is also experienced in advising individuals requiring employment law advice, with a particular emphasis on exit packages for senior executives.
Hannah qualified in 2009 and joined Herrington Carmichael in 2020. Hannah previously trained and qualified at a leading national firm before moving to a well regarded regional practice.
Experience | Key projects
- Acting for a software company to successfully obtain an interim injunction against a director for breach of contract and fiduciary duties;
- Acting on the employment aspects of two business acquisitions for the same client which ran concurrently and completed simultaneously;
- Delivery diversity and equality training to the entire workforce of a client following an allegation of sexual harassment from a former employee;
- Advising an automotive manufacturing company on the employment aspects of the outsourcing and then insourcing of a commercial operation relating to the storage and transportation of its goods.
- Hannah has considerable experience in managing employment tribunal claims and defences from start to finish including claims relating to unfair dismissal, breach of contract, whistleblowing, TUPE and complex discrimination claims.
- Furthermore, Hannah has experience in advising clients on post termination restrictions, in particular the process involved in the enforcement of these including obtaining injunctive relief.
- Hannah provides clients with the full remit of day to day HR support including disciplinary and grievance matters, absence management, redundancy, performance and capability, along with preparing contracts, handbooks and bespoke policies.
- Hannah is also experienced in devising and delivering internal training to clients on a variety of topics including Diversity and Equality, Flexible Working, Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations, Recruitment and Termination.
- Hannah can also provide employment support on corporate transactions relating to business acquisitions and disposals as well as insourcing and outsourcing proposals.
Legal Insights by Hannah King
Recently, the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) has held that a Respondent who kept employee data for over 10 years may have breached data protection rules.
Employers may be considering how they can ensure that employees remain efficient and are working appropriately and effectively whilst out of office,
Chancellor Jeremy Hunt announced plans on 9th December 2022 to review the Senior Managers and Certification (SMCR) regime.
Latest Insights - sign up to our Emailers
Our Emailers will bring you the latest news and insights from our legal teams as we look at the key talking points in life and in law.
Our insights will include articles, podcast discussion and information about our events and services.
You can sign up to as many as you wish and you can opt out at any time.
Sign up to our Emailers
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2023 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2022.