Hannah is a senior solicitor in the employment team with experience of acting in contentious and non-contentious matters for clients from a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, IT/software, retail and waste management. Hannah is also experienced in advising individuals requiring employment law advice, with a particular emphasis on exit packages for senior executives.
Hannah qualified in 2009 and joined Herrington Carmichael in 2020. Hannah previously trained and qualified at a leading national firm before moving to a well regarded regional practice.
Experience | Key projects
- Acting for a software company to successfully obtain an interim injunction against a director for breach of contract and fiduciary duties;
- Acting on the employment aspects of two business acquisitions for the same client which ran concurrently and completed simultaneously;
- Delivery diversity and equality training to the entire workforce of a client following an allegation of sexual harassment from a former employee;
- Advising an automotive manufacturing company on the employment aspects of the outsourcing and then insourcing of a commercial operation relating to the storage and transportation of its goods.
- Hannah has considerable experience in managing employment tribunal claims and defences from start to finish including claims relating to unfair dismissal, breach of contract, whistleblowing, TUPE and complex discrimination claims.
- Furthermore, Hannah has experience in advising clients on post termination restrictions, in particular the process involved in the enforcement of these including obtaining injunctive relief.
- Hannah provides clients with the full remit of day to day HR support including disciplinary and grievance matters, absence management, redundancy, performance and capability, along with preparing contracts, handbooks and bespoke policies.
- Hannah is also experienced in devising and delivering internal training to clients on a variety of topics including Diversity and Equality, Flexible Working, Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations, Recruitment and Termination.
- Hannah can also provide employment support on corporate transactions relating to business acquisitions and disposals as well as insourcing and outsourcing proposals.
Legal Insights by Hannah King
The Worker Protection Act 2023 has introduced the proactive duty on employers to take “reasonable steps” to prevent harassment of employees.
AI is ready to revolutionise the landscape of the financial services sector, giving both opportunities and challenges for HR professionals.
The Financial Conduct Authority have made it clear that diversity and inclusion (D&I) is essential for a healthy firm culture.
Latest Insights - sign up to our Emailers
Our Emailers will bring you the latest news and insights from our legal teams as we look at the key talking points in life and in law.
Our insights will include articles, podcast discussion and information about our events and services.
You can sign up to as many as you wish and you can opt out at any time.
Sign up to our Emailers
Award winning legal advice
Herrington Carmichael offers legal advice to UK and International businesses as well as individuals and families. Rated as a ‘Leading Firm 2024’ by the legal directory Legal 500 and listed in The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2023 & 2024’. Herrington Carmichael has offices in London, Farnborough, Reading, and Ascot.