Farah Khalid is a Family Law Solicitor within our Family department.
While studying to be a solicitor, Farah worked for Logitech in Berkshire and Hitachi Capital Business Finance in Surrey. After completing her studies in 2016, Farah joined a regional Surrey law firm as a family law paralegal and subsequently qualified as a solicitor in 2018. She then joined a Hampshire practice as a newly qualified solicitor. In 2021, Farah joined the Family Law team at Herrington Carmichael.
Farah is a family orientated person and has extensive experience of witnessing the emotional turmoil a person endures when facing personal difficulties. It is at that time when clients need professional and specialist intervention and objective legal advice. Farah takes pride in being her clients’ voice and representing them with a view to achieving the best possible outcome. Farah understands the personal hardship clients can suffer at a time of relationship breakdown and strives to minimise any potential trauma and acrimony. Farah will always use her best endeavours to help make a difference, at what could be a difficult and unsettling time for her clients.
Farah runs a busy and eclectic caseload, advising clients on private family law, including divorce, finances, injunction proceedings, children, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, cohabitation, enforcement and variation applications. Farah works collaboratively with other members of the department on their matters and as a team, they are able to share a wealth of experience and knowledge.
Experience | Key projects
- Delivering expert legal advice to clients in a detailed, methodical and succinct manner.
- Providing exceptional customer service to meet and manage expectations, always acting in clients’ best interests.
- Frequently attending court hearings to assist barristers and support clients thereby providing an outstanding level of client care.
- Confidently arguing instructions in a fluent, clear and persuasive manner.
- Extensive experience drafting court documents and other legal documents with great precision, efficacy and persuasion.
- Regularly negotiating advantageous terms, using effective and persuasive communication skills and highlighting non-favourable terms and advising on counter proposals.
- Acting in accordance with the professional standards imposed on solicitors, and conducting duties and obligations towards clients with great care and integrity.
- Sound knowledge of the Family Procedure Rules ensuring that clients’ cases are progressed in a timely manner.
Interests and Hobbies
When not working, Farah enjoys spending time with her family, particularly her sisters who are her best friends. Farah adores her nephew and niece and so spends a great deal of time playing with them. Farah enjoys fine dining and making the most of her spa membership. Farah is an avid reader and loves to spend hours watching movies. Farah always has time for candy crush as she likes to swipe the stress away!
Thank you, Farah, I feel much more assured now that you have this case in your grasp. It’s appreciated.
I appreciate how prompt and fair you have been.
FREE: Legal Insights and Event News
Keep you, your family and / or business up to date on how the law affects you, by subscribing to one of our legal insights.
Subscribe for free Legal Insights
& Event updates
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.