Emma is a solicitor in the Corporate and Commercial department, working on a range of Corporate matters.
Emma was previously a trainee at HC and completed seats in the Corporate and Commercial, Real Estate and Dispute Resolution departments.
- Emma graduated with a First class law degree from the University of Birmingham in 2015.
- Emma obtained a Distinction in the LPC and MSc in Law, Business and Management from the University of Law in 2018. She achieved awards for the highest marks in Real Estate and Commercial Dispute Resolution.
- Prior to commencing her training contract, Emma worked as the Plot Sales Supervisor in the firm’s Real Estate department managing the sales of new build properties for a number of developer clients.
- Emma also has experience in Private Client and Construction law.
Interests and Hobbies
Outside of work, Emma enjoys keeping active by going to the gym, cycling and swimming; and sometimes takes part in triathlons. Emma also enjoys travelling, scuba diving and cooking/baking.
“Having been a client of HC LLP for many years, we had no hesitation in asking for their help with a company restructuring exercise. Working to a tight deadline, Emma Roper guided us expertly to a successful outcome. The service provided by Emma and her colleagues was excellent, and particularly impressive was the speed of response to queries we raised and the clarity with which matters were explained.”
– John Ross, Carry Gently Ltd
“My experience with Herrington Carmichael has been first-class. The advice, guidance and support from Emma and Yavan was excellent, resulting in a swift and decisive project conclusion. Highly recommended.”
– Ben Gee, Director of Hat and Home Limited
Legal Insights by Emma
A new law means that internal reorganisations and corporate restructurings may need the government’s consent.
Our Corporate team regularly assist clients with separating their businesses, via demergers and other forms of corporate reorganisation.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2022 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2021.