Daniel acts for both landlords and tenants of commercial property in relation to the granting and taking up of new leases, lease renewals, surrenders, assignments and underletting’s.
Daniel also deals with the sale and purchase of both residential and commercial property and has particular experience in acting for lenders in secured lending transactions.
Experience | Key projects
- Herrington Carmichael led work for a high street bank on a deal related to a new loan to a corporate borrower for the refinancing of existing lending over part of its residential buy-to-let portfolio. The loan was secured over 6 separate houses-of-multiple-occupation (HMOs) in the city with a combined value of £7.5m.
- Assisting a national company in the rapid expansion of their network with up to 40 new sites a year being taken.
- London based nursery chain – Acting for company on the multi million pound refinance of their property portfolio.
- Acting for the Tenant in the lease of their distribution hub for an annual rent of £1.2 million.
- Acting for landlord’s in the leasehold management of their property portfolios including the granting of leases, dealing with assignments, underlettings and licences to alter.
Interests and Hobbies
Dan enjoys theatre, reading and sport. He particularly enjoys cycling and has completed several cycle rides for charity including a 250 mile fancy dress ride to Cornwall. Most of Dan’s time is now spent acting as a taxi for his four children.
I have been referring to Daniel for all my charity’s commercial property issues for over six years. In that time he has shown himself to be professional, thorough and responsive. I highly recommend Daniel and wish to extend my thanks to him for his continued hard work
Kerry and Dan provided an exceptional service. The team collaboration between them made the legal process as straight forward as possible. Even when we had issues with the lender, Kerry was able to find a resolution prior to consulting making the whole process as quick, smooth and stress free as possible.
Daniel York is always willing to assist in providing pragmatic solutions to any encounters that may have arisen coming up to completion. He often provides guidance and advice prior to deal instruction and is happy to take phone calls to discuss before instruction. His mannerism is very calming and enables all parties to keep focused on the key issues
Legal Insights by Daniel York
The recent case of Monsolar IQ Limited v Woden Park Ltd demonstrates the importance of careful drafting in leases.
A break clause in a lease allows a Landlord or Tenant to terminate the lease early subject to complying with various conditions in the clause.
In this article we look at what a Form EWS1 is, when one might be required, and how it could affect our landlord and tenant clients alike.
Latest Insights - sign up to our Emailers
Our Emailers will bring you the latest news and insights from our legal teams as we look at the key talking points in life and in law.
Our insights will include articles, podcast discussion and information about our events and services.
You can sign up to as many as you wish and you can opt out at any time.
Sign up to our Emailers
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2022 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2021.