Daniel acts for both landlords and tenants of commercial property in relation to the granting and taking up of new leases, lease renewals, surrenders, assignments and underletting’s.
Daniel also deals with the sale and purchase of both residential and commercial property and has particular experience in acting for lenders in secured lending transactions.
Experience | Key projects
- Herrington Carmichael led work for a high street bank on a deal related to a new loan to a corporate borrower for the refinancing of existing lending over part of its residential buy-to-let portfolio. The loan was secured over 6 separate houses-of-multiple-occupation (HMOs) in the city with a combined value of £7.5m.
- Assisting a national company in the rapid expansion of their network with up to 40 new sites a year being taken.
- London based nursery chain – Acting for company on the multi million pound refinance of their property portfolio.
- Acting for the Tenant in the lease of their distribution hub for an annual rent of £1.2 million.
- Acting for landlord’s in the leasehold management of their property portfolios including the granting of leases, dealing with assignments, underlettings and licences to alter.
Interests and Hobbies
Dan enjoys theatre, reading and sport. He particularly enjoys cycling and has completed several cycle rides for charity including a 250 mile fancy dress ride to Cornwall. Most of Dan’s time is now spent acting as a taxi for his four children.
I have been referring to Daniel for all my charity’s commercial property issues for over six years. In that time he has shown himself to be professional, thorough and responsive. I highly recommend Daniel and wish to extend my thanks to him for his continued hard work
Daniel York is always willing to assist in providing pragmatic solutions to any encounters that may have arisen coming up to completion. He often provides guidance and advice prior to deal instruction and is happy to take phone calls to discuss before instruction. His mannerism is very calming and enables all parties to keep focused on the key issues
Legal Insights by Daniel York
We have seen tenants offering not to exercise their break option in a lease in return for a further rent-free or reduced rent period…
‘Alienation’ is the right granted in a lease for a tenant to assign, sublet, or share occupation of their property.
The Government has announced that it will be extending the restrictions on the ability of landlords to recover rent arrears from tenants…
FREE: Legal Insights and Event News
Keep you, your family and / or business up to date on how the law affects you, by subscribing to one of our legal insights.
Subscribe for free Legal Insights
& Event updates
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.