Daniel acts for both landlords and tenants of commercial property in relation to the granting and taking up of new leases, lease renewals, surrenders, assignments and underlettings.
Daniel also deals with the sale and purchase of both residential and commercial property and has particular experience in acting for lenders in secured lending transactions.
Key Experience | Projects
- Herrington Carmichael led work for a high street bank on a deal related to a new loan to a corporate borrower for the refinancing of existing lending over part of its residential buy-to-let portfolio. The loan was secured over 6 separate houses-of-multiple-occupation (HMOs) in the city with a combined value of £7.5m.
- Assisting a national company in the rapid expansion of their network with up to 40 new sites a year being taken.
- London based nursery chain – Acting for company on the multi million pound refinance of their property portfolio.
- Acting for the Tenant in the lease of their distribution hub for an annual rent of £1.2 million.
- Acting for landlord’s in the leasehold management of their property portfolios including the granting of leases, dealing with assignments, underlettings and licences to alter.
Interests and Hobbies
I enjoy theatre, reading and sport. I particularly enjoy cycling and have completed several cycle rides for charity including a 250 mile fancy dress ride to Cornwall. Most of my time is now spent acting as taxi for my four children.
I have been referring to Daniel for all my charity’s commercial property issues for over six years. In that time he has shown himself to be professional, thorough and responsive. I highly recommend Daniel and wish to extend my thanks to him for his continued hard work
Daniel York is always willing to assist in providing pragmatic solutions to any encounters that may have arisen coming up to completion. He often provides guidance and advice prior to deal instruction and is happy to take phone calls to discuss before instruction. His mannerism is very calming and enables all parties to keep focused on the key issues