Chantelle joined Herrington Carmichael in October 2017, working as a secretary across all departments. Chantelle commenced her training contract in March 2018 and has since completed 6 month seats in the Residential Property and Family departments. Since March 2019, Chantelle has been sat in the Employment department and she will continue to be in this seat until she qualifies as an Employment Solicitor in March 2020.
Experience | Recent Projects
- Chantelle graduated from the University of Law, Guildford in 2015 with an Upper Second Class Honours in Law.
- She completed the Legal Practice Course and a Master’s Degree in 2016, attaining a Distinction. Chantelle’s Master’s Degree was focused on Employment Law and, in particular, the implications of imposing Employment Tribunal Fees.
Chantelle continued to gain legal experience during her studies. She worked part-time as a fee earner for a national law firm, dealing with personal injury claims.
Also volunteering during her studies on pro-bono activities with the University and at her local Citizens Advice Bureau.
During her seat in Employment, she has worked closely with Senior members of the team on a number of projects, to include:
- Representing a respondent, corporate entity and attending a five day final employment tribunal hearing on a racial discrimination matter.
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts for employees and self-employed contractors.
- Drafting handbooks and policies for a national housebuilding company and various other corporate clients.
- Frequent involvement in HR related work including, but not limited to, internal disciplinary investigations and processes.
- Obtaining comprehensive experience on advising on settlement agreements.
Interests and Hobbies
Chantelle enjoys spending time with her friends and family, travelling whenever possible and going out for meal, enjoying the occasional glass of wine.
Chantelle was amazing, super quick and efficient with her replies.
Chantelle was a delight. She was very helpful, patient and quick to respond. Nothing was too much trouble and she made our first purchase a lot easier.
Keep doing what you do. Annari, Chantelle and Amy have been great. Excellent customer service all round.