Cesare qualified as a solicitor into the Corporate and Commercial team at Herrington Carmichael in early 2015. He advises on a wide range of commercial legal matters, including large scale international agreements, business terms and conditions and other bespoke contracts.
Cesare also advises on all aspects of construction law including strategic procurement advice, all standard forms of building contracts, bespoke building and development contracts, sub-contracts, collateral warranties and professional appointments. Cesare regularly advises property developers, employers on building contracts, consultants, sub-contractors and any other business in the construction industry, as well as banks lending to those in the industry on a variety of different construction related matters.
Experience | Key projects
- Leading Bank – Advice on the construction aspects (including main building contracts and collateral warranties) of its lend in respect of the development of a single plot worth in the region of £16,000,000
- Leading property developer – in relation to the professional appointments and associated collateral warranties on a site worth in excess of £20 million
- “Construction sub-contractor”- advising a sub-contractor on various contracts with numerous household names in the construction industry
- Local property developer – building contract with its contractor for the building, development and eventual sale of a single plot worth in the region of £13,000,000
- Construction Contracts – Advice for a leading global AV solutions company in relation to various JCT agreements as well as drafting and advising on a schedule of amendments to the JCT Design and Build contract.
- Fit-out contractor- advising a fit- out contractor in respect of several high profile projects involving household names.
- Service Agreements – Assisting in advising a leading product solutions provider in relation to numerous nationwide high value services agreements including one with a national supermarket chain.
- Advising a European product provider in relation to their terms and conditions
- Advising a leading product developer in relation to the EU legislation in respect of EU sanctions and trading embargoes
- Drafting and advising a software development company in relation to their main service provision agreement
- Assisting the lead fee earner in advising a leading product developer on a pan European agreement in the electronics industry
Interests and Hobbies
Cesare is keen on many sports having played both field hockey and ice hockey in the past. Also enjoys playing tennis and has recently turned his attention to golf. He is also an avid Reading FC fan and can often be found at the Madejski stadium.
Cesare is also a keen runner having recently completed his first marathon as well as regularly running half marathons, 10km races and other fun run events.
I expect good industry knowledge and understanding that is why we pay to sub contract this work out but what impresses me when dealing with the team at HC is the speed in which the quality information is produced. In the construction industry contract finalisation is expected quickly to enable works to begin on site. HC consistently responded inside the agreed time lines, answered many queries same day and always returned calls promptly, they feel part of the team. Many thanks for all your help and advice.”
Mark and Cesare in the Corporate & Commercial Department have been invaluable – they’re knowledgeable, personable and always deliver projects on time and within budget. They’ve become a seamless extension to our business and feel part of the team.
Our members particularly welcomed the webinar delivered by Cesare McArdle on procurement routes and their advantages, disadvantages and risks…Cesare was professional and extremely knowledgeable – able to answer multiple questions on the spot when delivering a live webinar to hundreds of construction professionals
Herrington Carmichael provided vital legal advice to ensure we met critical business needs while protecting our interests. They have become a trusted resource for our growing international company.
We were impressed from start to finish with the service we received. The professional manner as well as ability to really understand our Business was vital. We would recommend Herrington Carmichael to anyone
We would like to thank Cesare McArdle and his team for their excellent work in recent contract negotiations. We have been impressed with the team’s professionalism, attention to detail and ability to deliver in a timely manner. They were a pleasure to deal with and we would have no hesitation in using Herrington Carmichael’s services again.”
Legal Insights by Cesare McArdle
This article answers some frequently asked questions in relation to cloud service offerings and contracts.
There have been many Brexit myths and misconceptions that we have tried to clear up in this myth buster article.
Customs declarations are only one part of the documentary requirements for importing goods into the UK from the EU and others are required.
FREE: Legal Insights and Event News
Keep you, your family and / or business up to date on how the law affects you, by subscribing to one of our legal insights.
Subscribe for free Legal Insights
& Event updates
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.