Cesare qualified as a solicitor into the Corporate and Commercial team at Herrington Carmichael in early 2015. He advises on a wide range of commercial legal matters, including large scale international agreements, business terms and conditions and other bespoke contracts.
Cesare also advises on all aspects of construction law including strategic procurement advice, all standard forms of building contracts, bespoke building and development contracts, sub-contracts, collateral warranties and professional appointments. Cesare regularly advises property developers, employers on building contracts, consultants, sub-contractors and any other business in the construction industry, as well as banks lending to those in the industry on a variety of different construction related matters.
Experience | Recent Projects
- Leading Bank – Advice on the construction aspects (including main building contracts and collateral warranties) of its lend in respect of the development of a single plot worth in the region of £16,000,000
- Leading property developer – in relation to the professional appointments and associated collateral warranties on a site worth in excess of £20 million
- Leading property developer – Building and development contract for three plots worth in excess of £1,000,000
- “Construction sub-contractor”- advising a sub-contractor on various contracts with numerous household names in the construction industry
- Local property developer – building contract with its contractor for the building, development and eventual sale of a single plot worth in the region of £13,000,000
- Construction Contracts – Advice for a leading global AV solutions company in relation to various JCT agreements as well as drafting and advising on a schedule of amendments to the JCT Design and Build contract.
- Service Agreements – Assisting in advising a leading product solutions provider in relation to numerous nationwide high value services agreements including one with a national supermarket chain.
- Advising a European product provider in relation to their terms and conditions
- Advising a leading product developer in relation to the EU legislation in respect of EU sanctions and trading embargoes
- Drafting and advising a software development company in relation to their main service provision agreement
- Assisting the lead fee earner in advising a leading product developer on a pan European agreement in the electronics industry
Interests and Hobbies
Cesare is keen on many sports having played both field hockey and ice hockey in the past. Also enjoys playing tennis and has recently turned his attention to golf. He is also an avid Reading FC fan and can often be found at the Madejski stadium.
Cesare is also a keen runner having completed several half marathons and hopes to make the jump to a full marathon soon.
I expect good industry knowledge and understanding that is why we pay to sub contract this work out but what impresses me when dealing with the team at HC is the speed in which the quality information is produced. In the construction industry contract finalisation is expected quickly to enable works to begin on site. HC consistently responded inside the agreed time lines, answered many queries same day and always returned calls promptly, they feel part of the team. Many thanks for all your help and advice.”
Mark and Cesare in the Corporate & Commercial Department have been invaluable – they’re knowledgeable, personable and always deliver projects on time and within budget. They’ve become a seamless extension to our business and feel part of the team.
Our members particularly welcomed the webinar delivered by Cesare McArdle on procurement routes and their advantages, disadvantages and risks…Cesare was professional and extremely knowledgeable – able to answer multiple questions on the spot when delivering a live webinar to hundreds of construction professionals
I would like to thank Mark, Cesare and the whole of the team for all your hard work and the professional manner you dealt with what ended up being a very complicated contract. I look forward to working with you again soon
Mark, Cesare and the team at Herrington Carmichael are all extremely knowledgeable and on hand to offer speedy assistance on a whole range of topics
I would like to express my gratitude to Matt, Cesare and the Herrington Carmichael team for your specialist advice on the GDPR and for producing a sound set of commercial terms and conditions. Your professional services have been invaluable as my website now stands in good stead for the future. Thank you