Cesare McArdleLegal Director, Commercial and Construction Law
Legal Director, Commercial and Construction law
t: 0118 989 9709
m: +447824 314 114
Cesare qualified as a solicitor into the Corporate and Commercial team at Herrington Carmichael in early 2015. He advises on a wide range of commercial legal matters, including large scale international agreements, business terms and conditions and other bespoke contracts. He also has extensive expertise in advising those in the hospitality and leisure sector having advised a diverse array of businesses in this sector as described in more detail below.
Cesare also advises on all aspects of construction law including strategic procurement advice, all standard forms of building contracts, bespoke building and development contracts, sub-contracts, collateral warranties and professional appointments. Cesare regularly advises property developers, employers on building contracts, consultants, sub-contractors and any other business in the construction industry, as well as banks lending to those in the industry on a variety of different construction related matters.
Experience | Key projects
- Leading Bank – Advice on the construction aspects (including main building contracts and collateral warranties) of its lend in respect of the development of a single plot worth in the region of £16million.
- Leading property developer – in relation to the main contract, professional appointments and associated collateral warranties on a site worth in excess of £20million.
- “Construction sub-contractor”- advising a sub-contractor on various contracts with numerous household names in the construction industry.
- Local property developer- advising a property developer in respect of a multi-million pound development including advising on all contracts involved in the transaction.
- Local property developer – building contract with its contractor for the building, development and eventual sale of a single plot worth in the region of £13million.
- Construction Contracts – Advice for a leading global AV solutions company in relation to various JCT agreements as well as drafting and advising on a schedule of amendments to the JCT Design and Build contract.
- Fit-out contractor- advising a fit- out contractor in respect of several high profile projects involving household names.
- Advising a healthcare provider in respect of a multi-million pound specialist build project for a nursing home.
- Advising an infrastructure and telecommunications provider in respect of a £160million contract with a public body.
- Advising a managed services provider in respect of a series of contracts worth £60 – £80million each with a public body.
- Advising a products and parts provider in respect of a space and aeronautics contract worth in the region of £4million per year.
- Advising a specialist regulatory service provider in respect of both the production of its service agreements following Brexit and the impact thereof, and in negotiating the terms of its supply contract with a number of its clients, including many international household name brands.
- Service Agreements – Assisting in advising a leading product solutions provider in relation to numerous nationwide high value services agreements including one with a national supermarket chain.
Leisure and Hospitality
- Advising a large well known hotel chain in relation to their contracts for venue hire, weddings and other key business areas. Provided training to members of staff on the use of the contracts and the legal considerations.
- Advising a large leisure centre operator on various contracts with local councils for the running and operating of leisure facilities
- Advising key contractors in relation to projects for the supply of leisure facilities in relation to football stadiums and surrounding areas, including in respect of one premier league football club.
- Advising on terms and conditions in relation to high profile and well known sporting competitions.
Interests and Hobbies
Cesare is keen on many sports having played both field hockey and ice hockey in the past. Cesare also enjoys playing tennis and golf (albeit badly). He is also an avid Reading FC fan and can often be found at the Select Car Leasing Stadium.
Cesare is also a keen runner having recently completed his first marathon as well as regularly running half marathons, 10km races and other fun run events.
Cesare McArdle is a pleasure to deal with and detailed in his approach, but commercial and practical at the same time
Mark and Cesare in the Corporate & Commercial Department have been invaluable – they’re knowledgeable, personable and always deliver projects on time and within budget. They’ve become a seamless extension to our business and feel part of the team.
Our members particularly welcomed the webinar delivered by Cesare McArdle on procurement routes and their advantages, disadvantages and risks…Cesare was professional and extremely knowledgeable – able to answer multiple questions on the spot when delivering a live webinar to hundreds of construction professionals
Herrington Carmichael provided vital legal advice to ensure we met critical business needs while protecting our interests. They have become a trusted resource for our growing international company.
We were impressed from start to finish with the service we received. The professional manner as well as ability to really understand our Business was vital. We would recommend Herrington Carmichael to anyone
I expect good industry knowledge and understanding that is why we pay to sub contract this work out but what impresses me when dealing with the team at HC is the speed in which the quality information is produced. In the construction industry contract finalisation is expected quickly to enable works to begin on site. HC consistently responded inside the agreed time lines, answered many queries same day and always returned calls promptly, they feel part of the team. Many thanks for all your help and advice.”
We would like to thank Cesare McArdle and his team for their excellent work in recent contract negotiations. We have been impressed with the team’s professionalism, attention to detail and ability to deliver in a timely manner. They were a pleasure to deal with and we would have no hesitation in using Herrington Carmichael’s services again.”
Legal Insights by Cesare McArdle
Impact of Rising Costs on Leisure and Hospitality Sector
The issues of rising costs of raw materials, energy and wages are presenting great challenges to the businesses in Leisure & Hospitality sector.
Construction projects and negotiations with sub-contractors
What do you need to consider in your relations with sub-contractors to ensure a smooth project in which you are legally protected?
An introduction to ESG and your organisation
In 2023, organisations are increasingly devoting resources to their ESG strategies so that they can make a positive impact.
Award winning legal advice
Herrington Carmichael offers legal advice to UK and International businesses as well as individuals and families. Rated as a ‘Leading Firm 2023’ by the legal directory Legal 500 and listed in The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2023’. Herrington Carmichael has offices in London, Farnborough, Reading, and Ascot.
Brennan House, Farnborough Aerospace Centre Business Park, Farnborough, GU14 6XR
Reading (Appointment only)
The Abbey, Abbey Gardens, Abbey Street, Reading RG1 3BA
Ascot (Appointment only)
102, Berkshire House, 39-51 High Street, Ascot, Berkshire SL5 7HY
London (Appointment only)
60 St Martins Lane, Covent Garden, London WC2N 4JS
Commercial Property Lawyers
Dispute Resolution Lawyers
Divorce & Family Lawyers
Immigration Law Services
Private Wealth & Inheritance Lawyers
Startups & New Business Lawyers
Please be aware that we have no plans to change our bank details. If you receive any indication that any of our bank details have changed please contact us before sending us any funds. We take no responsibility for monies you transfer into the wrong bank account.
© 2023 Herrington Carmichael LLP. Registered in England and Wales company number OC322293.
Herrington Carmichael LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with registration number 446245.