Bermeet Chhokar is an Immigration Solicitor. Qualifying in 2004 Bermeet has a wealth of experience in corporate and private client Immigration.
Bermeets’ specialist areas of work include Immigration services for high net worth individuals many of whom are looking to relocate to the UK with a Tier 1 Investor or Entrepreneur visa.
Bermeets business knowledge has helped assist small and medium sized independent businesses obtain and maintain sponsor licences. Assisting HR teams with audits the prevention of illegal working and right to work checks.
Bermeets area of expertise extends to dealing with complex and varied private & family Immigration matters to include human rights cases, appeals, Judicial Review and Court of Appeal Matters.
A member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association
Experience | Recent Projects
- Challenging Home Office decisions to suspend /revoke sponsor licence.
- Advising on all aspects of compliance and risk management to Tier 2 & 4 sponsor licence holders.
- Successfully overturning a 10 year ban imposed on a business visitor.
- Judicially reviewed a Human Rights application decision to be withdrawn and reconsidered resulting in an in country right of appeal.
- Obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain under the Domestic Violence concession following a First-Tier Tribunal Appeal.
Interests and Hobbies
Outside of work Bermeet is married with three children.