Bermeet Chhokar is an Immigration Solicitor. Qualifying in 2004 Bermeet has a wealth of experience in corporate and private client Immigration.
Bermeets’ specialist areas of work include Immigration services for high net worth individuals many of whom are looking to relocate to the UK with a Tier 1 Investor or Entrepreneur visa.
Bermeets business knowledge has helped assist small and medium sized independent businesses obtain and maintain sponsor licences. Assisting HR teams with audits the prevention of illegal working and right to work checks.
Bermeets area of expertise extends to dealing with complex and varied private & family Immigration matters to include human rights cases, appeals, Judicial Review and Court of Appeal Matters.
A member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association
Experience | Recent Projects
- Challenging Home Office decisions to suspend /revoke sponsor licence.
- Advising on all aspects of compliance and risk management to Tier 2 & 4 sponsor licence holders.
- Successfully overturning a 10 year ban imposed on a business visitor.
- Judicially reviewed a Human Rights application decision to be withdrawn and reconsidered resulting in an in country right of appeal.
- Obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain under the Domestic Violence concession following a First-Tier Tribunal Appeal.
Interests and Hobbies
Outside of work Bermeet is married with three children.
We were very nervous after having bad dealings with a previous immigration solicitor and were very upfront with what our concerns were during the initial meeting with Bermeet however during that meeting Bermeet put us at ease with her knowledge of the immigration process and insight into what had happened previously. Bermeet understood the concerns we had and put us at ease with her straight-forward communication with us and by agreeing to keep us regularly updated with the progress of the application.
The application was progressed in a timely manner with Bermeet sending us the important submissions for us to review to ensure we were happy with them. Both Bermeet and Lauren have done an amazing job on the application and have been very thorough and polite throughout the process as well as asking for and reviewing documents in a timely manner so that any deficiencies could be addressed and replying to any queries we raised promptly.
We would 100% recommend anyone to use them for their immigration matters and will be coming back…