Wills, Trusts and Probate
Our experienced, pragmatic and sympathetic team of qualified lawyers can help you arrange your affairs and plan effectively for the future.
Start making your Will online: Online Will Questionnaire (PDF Form) >
One of the most important things anyone can do is to secure the future for the ones they care about. We can’t know what will happen to us but writing a will and getting sensible advice on UK inheritance tax laws and about how best to pass on assets is an essential part of that planning process.
Our approach will always be tailored to your needs, explore the following links to see what we can offer you:
If you would like to know how to make a will, start making a will online, fill in your details and submit our online questionnaire and we can begin to tailor your will specific to your needs:
Setting up a will or updating an existing will
What is the cost of a will?
The cost of making a Will with us is broken down as follows:
A Will Preparation fee is £125+ VAT.
Single Will = £250+ VAT (tailored Meeting + Preparation Fee).
Couples Will = £375+ VAT (tailored Meeting + Preparation Fee).
Our fees for making a Will include storage.
More complex Wills incorporating multiple gifts, Trusts or Tax planning can cost more depending on the type of trust. As a guide for making a Will and Trust together you will be looking at costs in excess of £800.
Setting up a Trust?
Probate or Court of Protection advice
Disputing a will / disputing inheritance?
If you think you may have a claim because you have not been included in a will or not sufficiently included, click here.
Whether you are an individual beneficiary, a trustee, an executor or an administrator, whether you are a claimant or defendant, we have experience in acting for you. Our Dispute Resolution Team can help you.
Make a will online
If you would like to start the process of making a will. Fill in our will questionnaire and submit the form by email to our specialist team. We can then create a will tailored for you from the details you provide.
Latest news & insights
The review is looking at a very wide range of issues including Electronic Wills, Capacity to make a Will, Assisted wills and Undue influence.
If your Will is made in a Commonwealth Country the general principle is that the Will is deemed valid in the UK.
Equality for un-married couples has increased but there’s been no change to taxation structure and parts of the tax code now favour marriage.
There were no announcements in this year’s Budget about tightening up Capital Gains tax (CGT) and Inheritance tax (IHT).
Almost all Trusts are now required to be registered with HMRC using the Online Trust Registration Service (TRS).
It is possible to apply for a Welafre Deputyship but for many years it has been very difficult to be successful in a welfare application.
Private Client Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Competition Law
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- New Businsess
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Terms and Conditions
We are required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority to publish certain pricing information. Please contact us for an accurate fee proposal based on your particular facts and circumstances.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.