Wills, Trusts and Probate
Our experienced, pragmatic and sympathetic team of qualified lawyers can help you arrange your affairs and plan effectively for the future.
One of the most important things anyone can do is to secure the future for the ones they care about. We can’t know what will happen to us but making a will and getting sensible advice on UK inheritance tax laws and about how best to pass on assets is an essential part of that planning process.
Our approach will always be tailored to your needs, explore the following links to see what we can offer you:
- Wills / Making a Will
- Dying without a Will
- Trusts / Setting up a Trust
- Probate Specialists
- Re-sealing Grants of Probate
- Living Wills
- Court of Protection Applications
- Removing an Executor from post – Can you – Should you?
Whether you are an individual beneficiary, a trustee, an executor or an administrator, whether you are a claimant or defendant, we have experience in acting for you. Our Dispute Resolution team can advise you.
What does it cost to challenge a will?
A poorly drafted Will can create uncertainty concerning the intentions of the deceased as to how their assets were to be distributed.
Unfairly left out of a Will?
Under the Inheritance Act 1975 a person may have a valid claim against an estate if they have not been provided for sufficiently, or at all, in a Will. For who may claim, on what basis, and for how much…
Digital Assets in a Will.
Have you appointed a digital executor? Will you leave access to your digital properties when you die? What do you want to happen to them, should they be stored or
Private Client Team
- All departments
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Latest news & insights
These days, more and more people are being required to look after elderly relatives who lack mental capacity. An increasing number of these relatives…
This sounds like some sort of helpful registration devise for setting up a trust. If you believe that, you are seriously mistaken!
This article dives into a little more detail at some of the issues that may surround the new rules of Capital gains tax.
Our pricing guides
Our pricing guides are for standard services and may be subject to increases where an individual case requires non-standard services. All prices are in Sterling (£) and VAT will be charged on top of the price at the applicable rate.
Price estimates for all other services are calculated once we know more about your individual case. Contact us for more information.