Recovery & Insolvency
Our Dispute Resolution Team act quickly and decisively with practical advice and innovative solutions.
The team also advises insolvency professionals, individuals and creditors on their options for recovery of funds and assets using corporate recovery and insolvency legislation.
We are equipped to deal with any insolvency issues you might be facing and we pride ourselves on our fast response times and our ability to offer clear, constructive and commercial advice.
We advise on the options available to you using formal and informal procedures based on your situation, including:
- The options available to the company when facing the onset of insolvency;
- The viability of a Company Voluntary Arrangement (“CVA”);
- Use of Administration to create a moratorium to relieve the pressure of claims from creditors;
- Advising Directors who face disqualification proceedings;
- Company restoration procedures;
- Making recession applications which would treat the company as though it had never been wound up;
- Advising commercial tenants of their rights on landlord insolvency;
- Advising on compulsory winding up procedures;
- Obtaining emergency validation orders after a winding up petition has been issued;
- Advice on section 216 “phoenix” applications to reuse of a company name or a previously liquidated company.
Company Restoration advice
Winding up petitions
Recovery & Insolvency Team
Latest news & insights
If you moved home in 2021 and you believe your surveyor or conveyancer made a mistake with your sale or purchase…
A private limited company is no longer required to appoint a company secretary, unless the company’s articles of association state otherwise.
In recent years, the construction industry has been hit with a torrent of obstacles, seeing prices rise significantly, with seemingly no relief on the horizon.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2022 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2021.