Our experienced Property Finance Team can help you with your property transactions.
Our Property Finance team has experience acting for both lenders and borrowers in relation to secured lending transactions. The large team regularly acts for a variety of different lenders, ranging from high street and major banks, mezzanine finance providers, and other financial institutions.
Our property finance services
Our expertise on matters range from standard secured lending transactions to bespoke transactions tailored to the needs of the lender, borrower and property being secured. Our dedicated secured lending specialists had our place renewed on Metro Bank’s lending and securities panel for a further 3 year term in 2018. We also work in the mezzanine finance sector and act on substantial lends for number of high street banks.
Our expertise includes:
- Property acquisition and investment finance
- Short term loan funding
- Prioritisation of loans
- Sale and leaseback structures
- Property refinancing.
- Development finance
We deal with all areas of property finance and advising on the most appropriate security solutions for our clients including bespoke finance arrangements where needed. Our business-minded approach gives our clients a clear understanding of the intricacies involved in each transaction, enabling them to take fully informed decisions on each transaction.
The strong technical knowledge of the team enables us to act for lenders where a borrower’s solicitors are unable to accept a dual instruction, often due to the size or complexity of the transaction. The experience of the Real Estate department in relation to residential development work ensures that we are able to advise lenders on complex and involved security over development sites.
Working in conjunction with our colleagues in our corporate and commercial teams, we offer advice on loan agreements, floating charges, debentures, guarantees, security over building contracts and other finance documentation.
Property Law Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Employee Share Schemes
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co - Restructuring
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Trainee Solicitor
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Latest news & insights
Have you ever wondered who would be liable if the chimney stack collapsed and your party wall was damaged in the process?
The Grenfell Tower tragedy sparked the most important review of building safety legislation in the history of the UK.
Zero carbon homes refers to residential buildings designed and constructed with a primary focus on minimizing carbon emissions.
It is hugely important that all those involved in the construction industry understand the new duties and review their contracts to ensure they properly deal with them.
It is essential to understand the unique challenges that the construction industry faces when it comes to managing sickness absence.
An Intercreditor agreement outlines the rights and obligations of multiple creditors when lending to the same borrower.
Award winning legal advice
Herrington Carmichael offers legal advice to UK and International businesses as well as individuals and families. Rated as a ‘Leading Firm 2024’ by the legal directory Legal 500 and listed in The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2023 & 2024’. Herrington Carmichael has offices in London, Farnborough, Reading, and Ascot.