Our Property Finance team has experience acting for both lenders and borrowers in relation to secured lending transactions. The large team regularly acts for a variety of different lenders, ranging from high street and major banks, mezzanine finance providers, and other financial institutions.
Our expertise on matters range from standard secured lending transactions to bespoke transactions tailored to the needs of the lender, borrower and property being secured. Our dedicated secured lending specialists had our place renewed on Metro Bank’s lending and securities panel for a further 3 year term in 2018. We also work in the mezzanine finance sector and act on substantial lends for number of high street banks.
Our expertise includes:
- Property acquisition and investment finance
- Short term loan funding
- Prioritisation of loans
- Sale and leaseback structures
- Property refinancing.
- Development finance
We deal with all areas of property finance and advising on the most appropriate security solutions for our clients including bespoke finance arrangements where needed. Our business-minded approach gives our clients a clear understanding of the intricacies involved in each transaction, enabling them to take fully informed decisions on each transaction.
The strong technical knowledge of the team enables us to act for lenders where a borrower’s solicitors are unable to accept a dual instruction, often due to the size or complexity of the transaction. The experience of the Real Estate department in relation to residential development work ensures that we are able to advise lenders on complex and involved security over development sites.
Working in conjunction with our colleagues in our corporate and commercial teams, we offer advice on loan agreements, floating charges, debentures, guarantees, security over building contracts and other finance documentation.
Property Law Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employee Share Schemes
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Latest news & insights
The Commercial Rent Act 2022 provides a mechanism for Landlords and Tenants to sort out how COVID related rent arrears can be paid.
It is important to take legal advice on the alteration provisions in the lease and to ensure that if alterations are required that this is clear in the Heads of Terms.
Your landlord’s consent is usually required prior to alterations, which is typically documented in a Licence for Alterations.
The default position is that commercial properties are exempt from VAT. This means that the purchase or leasing of the property would not attract VAT on the purchase price or rent.
Biodiversity Net Gain is an approach to development and planning which aims to leave the natural environment in a measurably better state than beforehand.
The Bank of England’s interest rate has been increasing. In May, the Bank of England’s base interest rate would rise from 0.5% to 1%.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2022 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2021.