We understand that efficiency is key when you come to sell your plots and so we have a dedicated plot sales team who deal solely with and specialise in plot sales.
Gone are the days of uniform plots, selling whole developments off-plan and multiple plot sales to investor buyers. As a developer, you will know that the landscape of selling new build properties has changed over the years and is now more competitive than ever. Buyers expect more for their money, regulatory requirements have increased and a shift in stance on legal aspects have forced property professionals to adapt. These factors make the sales process more complex and involved than in previous years.
That is why we take a proactive approach to ensure that we are ahead of the curve and take steps to minimise anything that could delay the sale of your plots. Having a dedicated specialist team ensures that your sales get the undivided attention they require in order to meet exchange deadlines.
You will receive a full service when you sell your properties with us, including:
- Drafting of all legal documents applicable to the property types on your development, which includes a comprehensive information sheet addressing the common enquiries raised on a new build property. Preparing your sales packs in advance means that we can send out documents immediately upon receiving a plot reservation. To see the information we would require in order to set up the legal framework. How to set up a Residential Development Site >
- For advice on the suitability of conveyance plans and suggested amendments to ensure they are complaint with the Land Registry’s requirements. Read our Guide to Preparing Land Registry Compliant Conveyance Plans >
- Dealing with any ancillary schemes such as Help to Buy or a sale to a Housing Association for provision of affordable housing.
- Where appropriate, working closely with our Corporate team to incorporate and administer a property management company , click here for more information.
- Liaising with your lender to arrange the discharge of the plots from the development charge on each sale and the subsequent release of the development charge once it has been redeemed.
We are uniquely placed to provide a bespoke service to each of our clients that goes above and beyond. We are one of the few legal firms who provide the full range of services for a development within a single team, from the original acquisition of the development land, to the sale of the final plot and any additional work required thereafter, including the sale of a freehold reversion.
Recent projects include
• The sale of 137 units on a larger site of 275 units in collaboration with a national housebuilder. The sales for our client were split across two phases and included seven phases of affordable housing sales. Herrington Carmichael also acted on the numerous infrastructure agreements required as consortium solicitor for both developers.
• The sale of plots at a development site which had the benefit of Listed Building consent, to convert Grade I listed historical Almshouses into apartments and the central chapel to a house, incorporating many of the original features such as the stained glass windows.
• Plot sales on a development where the land was formerly a Ministry of Defence site. The development included a number of phases and involvement with a central management company, who maintained the larger estate with multiple owners/residents.
Enter your email address for legal updates on Property & Construction Law.
Herrington Carmichael have dealt with Rectory Homes’ plot sales for a number of years now spanning a multitude of development sites comprising both freehold and leasehold properties. I work closely with the plot sales team on a daily basis and find them to be proactive, knowledgeable and pleasant to work with.
I have worked with the team at Herrington Carmichael for almost 20 years in respect of our plot sales. The team are efficient and organised, crucial factors when dealing with a high volume of sales, with exchange and completion deadlines to be met. If a problem arises, Lauren and Hannah are easily contactable and suggest proactive steps to resolve any issues. Whilst we face many challenges together, we enjoy a friendly and productive working relationship.
Mulberry Homes have worked with Herrington & Carmichael for over 10 years on all our site purchases and plot sales. They have a very professional and efficient team that make the whole process run smoothly.
We have used Herrington and Carmichael for many years now with our land acquisitions and subsequent plot sales on both large and small developments across the South and central England. We have always found the team to be very communicative, diligent and responsive to us and our purchaser’s legal enquiries as well as adopting to particular Martin Grant Homes’ processes. We would highly recommend them and will continue to use their services
Preparing Land Registry Compliant Conveyance Plans
A short guide on how to prepare plans which comply with Land Registry requirements..
Plot Sales Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial - Terms and Conditions
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate - Intellectual Property
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Insolvency
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Latest news & insights
The government reveal new plan to make developers and companies pay to fix the cladding crisis stemming from the Grenfell tower disaster.
A tenant who wants to assign (transfer) their lease must check its terms to see whether or not this is permitted.
Are you buying or selling a property affected by Japanese knotweed? Or perhaps you have bought a house that since discovered Japanese knotweed?…
There are two routes to extending a lease. In this article we explain the pros and cons of a non statutory and statutory lease extension.
Property Solicitors must be alert to ‘alarm bells’ during property transactions and carry out rigorous due diligence to ensure the client is the true owner.
One of the reasons conveyancing solicitors carry out stringent identification checks and searches is to prevent fraud.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2022 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2021.