Divorce & Family Law
Our team of Family Lawyers are dedicated specialists who pride themselves on being highly approachable, sensitive, and supportive during what can be a difficult and emotional time.
Our family law team approach each of our cases thoughtfully, pragmatically and professionally. We understand that every family is different and our approach to each individual case is tailored to suit you and your needs.
Our specialist family lawyers have a wealth of experience and can provide practical and helpful advice in the following areas:
- Financial claims on divorce
- Arrangements for children
- Financial claims for children
- Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements
- Separating Couples
- Separation Agreements
- International Family Law
- Variation and enforcement of financial agreements
- Cohabitation and Living Together Agreements
- Domestic Abuse
We also offer mediation to families going through separation.
Amanda Phillips-Wylds, Partner and Head of our Family Law team qualified as a mediator in 2018 after being an advocate of the process throughout her career. Since then she has mediated several complex disputes between separating couples concerning their finances and the arrangements for their children.
- Why should you consider mediation?
- How does the mediation process work?
- What is the cost of mediation?
We understand that you will need advice and help with procedures and the various solutions available to resolve issues, it is vital that you take advice as early as possible. The first step is to arrange a consultation with one of our family law specialists. We offer an initial fixed appointment for one hour at a cost of £250 plus VAT. If you choose to instruct us the cost of the meeting will be credited against your first invoice. A meeting can be arranged in any of our Camberley, Wokingham or London offices.
Herrington Carmichael LLP has a ‘solid reputation’ advising high-net-worth individuals with complex businesses and international assets, as well as handling child law matters. Danielle Bentley assists clients in all areas of matrimonial and family law matters.
Family Law Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Latest news & insights
The COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown is having a huge impact on all of our daily lives…
If you commenced divorce and financial proceedings in the weeks and months before the COVID-19 pandemic swept through our…
A mother was recently awarded £400,000.00 on top of her equal share of the matrimonial assets to ‘compensate’ her for giving…
This morning, the UK has woken up to the harsh reality of Covid-19. At 8:30pm on 23rd March 2020 the Prime Minister…
The prospect of what is to come over the course of the next few weeks is daunting and stressful enough for all of us…
With the current pandemic we understand that many people who are seeking legal advice on a family issue might be worried…
- Acting for an advising a client who had received significant gifts over the course of the marriage from the parents. The client was awarded in excess of 50% of the assets.
- Acting for and advising a high net worth client who held business interests with their spouse. The value of the business became a point of contention during the course of financial remedy proceedings issued by the other party and it proved necessary to appoint a forensic accountant to report on the value of the company, liquidity and tax implications of a sale or transfer of shares from one party to the other.
- Acting for and advising a high net worth client on a division of the matrimonial assets following a short marriage. The case settled out of court and we were able to successfully negotiate a settlement whereby the majority of the assets (including high value properties held by a business in which the client had a shareholding) were retained by our client.
- Acting for and advising high net worth overseas clients on the successful negotiation of a matrimonial settlement, including property abroad and in the UK and business interests.
- Acting for and advising a client concerning a dispute involving children whereby the unmarried ex-partner made a claim for capital, top up of child maintenance and payment of school fees under Schedule 1 Children Act 1989.
- Acting for and advising clients in respect of Children Act applications, applications for non-molestation and occupation orders, and applications to vary old maintenance orders.