Our Family Law team are dedicated specialists who pride themselves on being highly approachable, sensitive, and supportive during what can be a difficult and emotional time.
Our family and matrimonial team approach each of our cases sensitively, pragmatically and professionally. We understand that every family is different and our approach to each individual case is tailored to suit you and your needs.
Our work is not exclusively concerned with what happens at the breakdown of your relationship (whether that is the breakdown of your marriage, civil partnership or your cohabiting relationship. Our work has seen an ever increasing number of individuals seeking advice at the start of their relationship with the intention of planning for the future and protecting wealth, whether by way of a pre-nuptial agreement, post-nuptial agreement or a cohabitation agreement.
We are also able to provide specialist legal advice in relation to the arrangements for children on the breakdown of a relationship, domestic violence, and variation and enforcement of orders previously made by the court.
Our family and matrimonial team was delighted to have been recognised in the UK Legal 500 2017 as a leading adviser in the Thames Valley area. The team was described as “faultless in every area” and impresses with its, “strong and united team” which routinely acts for high net worth individuals.
It is vital that you take advice as early as possible. We understand that you will need advice and help with the procedures and the various solutions available to resolve issues. The first step is to arrange a consultation with one of our family law specialists for half an hour at a fixed fee of £125 plus VAT or an hour at a fixed fee of £200 plus VAT. A meeting can be arranged in either of our London, Camberley or Wokingham offices.
- All departments
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
- Acting for an advising a client who had received significant gifts over the course of the marriage from the parents. The client was awarded in excess of 50% of the assets.
- Acting for and advising a high net worth client who held business interests with their spouse. The value of the business became a point of contention during the course of financial remedy proceedings issued by the other party and it proved necessary to appoint a forensic accountant to report on the value of the company, liquidity and tax implications of a sale or transfer of shares from one party to the other.
- Acting for and advising a high net worth client on a division of the matrimonial assets following a short marriage. The case settled out of court and we were able to successfully negotiate a settlement whereby the majority of the assets (including high value properties held by a business in which the client had a shareholding) were retained by our client.
- Acting for and advising high net worth overseas clients on the successful negotiation of a matrimonial settlement, including property abroad and in the UK and business interests.
- Acting for and advising a client concerning a dispute involving children whereby the unmarried ex-partner made a claim for capital, top up of child maintenance and payment of school fees under Schedule 1 Children Act 1989.
- Acting for and advising clients in respect of Children Act applications, applications for non-molestation and occupation orders, and applications to vary old maintenance orders.
Latest news & insights
No matter what process has been used, once an agreement has been reached it is vital that the agreement is…read more
The process of a divorce may seem overwhelming. Following a separation, there might be disputes…read more
The number of cohabitating families has increased by almost 30% in the last decade, which has led to a rise in complex legal disputes after a break-up.read more