Our Debt Recovery specialists have in-depth knowledge across a range of sectors.
Our team of legal experts use innovative ways to recover debts with support from market-leading case management. They can provide reporting information designed to your needs, ensuring a transparent, efficient debt recovery process. Across both transactional work and more complex litigation, clients recommend us for our approachability, range of options, service excellence and significant cost reductions.
To find out more about Debt Recovery, please contact our Debt Recovery Team today using our Contact Us form.
Specific types of Debt Recovery
Debt Recovery work generally falls into two distinct areas:
Have goods or services not been supplied on time or to specification? This will be dealt with as a Business Dispute.
Claims of less than £10,000 which are defended will be dealt with in the Small Claims Court.
If a claim is defended, our Dispute Resolution Team will carry out the work at their hourly rates plus VAT.
Where you are either receiving (a) promises of payment shortly but no actual money is materialising or (b) complete silence. It also covers situations where you have secured a judgment and you are not sure how to go about enforcing it.
Our Debt Recovery Team deals with undefended debt matters and has a range of fees to suit you.
For further information on costs, click here.
Can The Debtor Pay ?
Assessing whether the debtor is a “won’t pay” or a “can’t pay” customer is essential to the success of legal proceedings.
We have access to a number of specialists who can provide “pre-sue” assessments or debtor profiling” reports to guide you on the commercial risks of a particular defendant.
Getting judgment is the first stage of the process. We understand that getting paid is the objective. We provide unrivalled expertise and an efficient approach to recovering your debt.
Debt Recovery Team
- All departments
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Latest news & insights
The law for landlord and tenants is constantly changing. As such it is vital that landlords make themselves aware of the changes and review their properties on a regular basis to ensure they are compliant.read more
Adverse Possession is the term used when a party claims ownership of land…read more
Amanda Phillips-Wylds is a qualified mediator. In most circumstances she advises clients that…read more
Our pricing guides
Our pricing guides are for standard services and may be subject to increases where an individual case requires non-standard services. All prices are in Sterling (£) and VAT will be charged on top of the price at the applicable rate.
Price estimates for all other services are calculated once we know more about your individual case. Contact us for more information.