Start-ups / New Business
In a fast paced business world with ever changing rules and regulations, our professional and specialist legal teams will give your business the support it needs to operate effectively and deliver the performance it needs to succeed.
One of our specialist corporate law teams will help you to get an understanding of what is required for your business. There are no stupid questions, and we want to make sure that you understand what is required to help your new business or startup be successful.
Our property experts act for businesses and individuals in the purchase, asset management and sale of commercial property including offices, retail, industrial leisure and mixed use property. If your business needs premises we can advise on an approach that works for you.
Data, IT and Technology
The digital world keeps evolving as we rely on technology, IT and the transfer of data online more than ever before. This has led to an overhaul of data protection laws in Europe, the GDPR was introduced on 25 May 2018. We have specialists in this area to provide you with the legal advise on:
Breaches of Data Protection
Being paid on time is essential to your business. Taking control of your debts minimises their impact and having effective ways to improve cash flow secures your business confidence and plans for growth.
We offer a Free Credit Check, this is available to all our clients to assist in enhancing cash flow and maximising recoveries, let our professional and experienced debt recovery specialists help you to use the right strategy for your business to improve credit control techniques, your approach to chasing debt and ensuring that your employees understand the importance of cash collection.
Disputes & Claims
Our experience covers the full range of disputes from the complex and high value to the more modest. We represent clients in the courts, arbitration tribunals and use alternative dispute resolution procedures, including mediation, to resolve disputes. We understand your concerns to avoid the expense and distraction that disputes can bring and we will work with you to find a solution to your problem.
Employees will invariably be the people who help drive your business, but with a workforce comes the need to pay them, reward, dismiss, discipline and more. Our Employment and Immigration team deal with all workplace laws and key policies that a business needs.
Our Intellectual Property Law team are well recognized, having worked with household names and international brands. Intellectual Property encompasses a vast and diverse array of business property from software and other copyright materials, to designs and logos and inventions and processes. The laws surrounding Intellectual Property fall into a number of areas:
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Land and Property
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Businsess
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Conveyancing
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Residential Property – Help to Buy
- Residential Property – New Build
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
Yavan’s approach in dealing with negotiations and in dealing with the city lawyers on a multi-million pound investment were commercially focused, ensured that progress was made and that we concentrated on the areas of the greatest importance. It greatly assisted in ensuring that a potentially complex closing was dealt with effectively and with a successful result. Always approachable and responsive, Yavan and his team are professional and a pleasure to deal with. When the deal was complete, our new partners also remarked on the extremely pragmatic and professional input from Yavan and his team.
Latest news & insights
Once a tenant has decided that they wish to take a commercial lease of a property, the landlord and tenant must agree the Heads of Terms.
You’ve put effort into making your business into the success it is so far, so on exit what are the things you need to do to maximise the value for you?
Deciding when to sell your business and who to sell it to are some of the hardest decisions you will make as an entrepreneur.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.