Our bespoke service provides our clients with invaluable assistance in negotiating a franchise on favourable terms.
We have specialist Franchise Solicitors within our Corporate team to assist you with all your legal services for Franchising.
Our lawyers are highly skilled and experienced in advising on all aspects of Franchising laws, including advising franchisors setting up a franchise network or franchisees opening a new franchise.
What is Franchising?
Business franchising involves an established business (known as the franchisor) granting a license to another individual (known as the franchisee), entitling the franchisee to trade as their own businesses under the franchisor’s brand.
Proven to be a fast growing sector, many new business owners are turning to franchising as a way to secure a low risk start up business, which avoids the usual initial costs of starting a new business and benefits from an already established brand with continued support from a franchisor.
Established business owners are increasingly turning to franchising to achieve organic growth in terms of territory and revenue. Many franchisors are reaping the benefits of increased brand reputation from setting up national franchise networks with the additional support of the franchisees.
Our Franchise Solicitors regularly advise on:
- Reviewing and negotiating franchise agreements
- Advising on establishing franchise networks
- Drafting and reviewing operations manuals
- Disputes between franchisors and franchisees
- Franchise contracts and employment advice
- Franchise data protection
- Franchise sub-lease agreements
Our expertise in franchising enables us to provide our clients with up to date market advice and solutions which are proportionate to the business risks posed to them as well as ensuring that they are within budget.
Our bespoke service provides our clients with invaluable assistance in negotiating a franchise on favourable terms, whether we’re acting for the franchisee or the franchisor, rather than merely just attending to drafting the legal documentation. Our expert team add sector specific value, which is why our clients stay with us.
Joel Gocool specialises in advising on and negotiating franchise agreements. Joel has a wealth of experience in identifying the key considerations a franchisee should make before starting a new franchise venture.
Request a video call, phone call or a meeting in person with one of our family law experts...
Herrington Carmichael has been advising families and businesses for over 175 years. We provide an increasingly specialist legal practice – we offer a wide range of services, beyond that of a traditional private client firm to meet the demands of our UK and international clients.
Latest news & insights
The latest changes coming into force under the Immigration Rules are aimed at increasing the scope of those eligible to work in the UK…
From an employment law perspective, there are several aspects that will impact both individuals and businesses, including changes to the national minimum wage and various changes to taxes.
Modern doorbells and video cameras can be useful to help avoid crime, but have an impact on people’s data protection rights.
Franchise Solicitors Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Competition Law
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data Protection - Marketing
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- New Businsess
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Terms and Conditions
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.