We have a specialist team available to help you with all your legal services for Corporate Governance.
What is Corporate Governance?
Corporate governance covers the issues a company must follow in order to be compliant with statutory provisions.
Regulatory legal advice
With today’s ever increasing corporate governance requirements, it is more important than ever for company secretaries and company directors to keep up to date with all the latest regulations and statutory provisions – an unenviable task with the number and frequency of changes.
Our Corporate Lawyers can provide expert advice to in-house company secretarial teams and directors with our outsourced company secretarial services.
Most notably we are asked to assist with the following on a regular basis:
- Incorporation services or Incorporation of a company
- Incorporation of limited companies and limited liability partnerships
- Registered office and SAIL service
- Reconstitution or update of statutory registers
- Preparing and filing statutory documents at Companies House (Confirmation Statements, directors changes etc)
- Share allotments and share transfers
- Adoption of new articles of association
- Share subdivisions, consolidations and re-denominations
- Share re-designations and implementing new classes of shares
- Share buy-backs and restructures
- Advice on constitutional matters such as board and shareholder meetings
- Advice and assistance with Strike-off
We work with a variety of organisations including:
- publicly quoted companies
- private limited companies
- membership organisations
- property management companies
- limited liability partnerships
We cover a vast array of industry types, in order to provide a comprehensive company secretarial service.
We regularly assist international parent companies managing their UK subsidiaries’ corporate governance. We provide the advice required on either a permanent, project or ad hoc basis to suit our client’s requirements.
Are you breaching your corporate governance requirements in lockdown?
If you are unsure of what the requirements are or whether you are meeting those requirements, or maybe you would just like some assistance or advice then please contact us today to request a due diligence review of your company’s corporate governance for £250 + VAT.
Latest news | insights
The Duomatic Principle is the common law principle of decision-making by shareholders through informal unanimous consent.
This article will cover the use of written resolutions and the relevance of compliance and the importance of keeping company records.
Companies House recently announced an update to it’s PROOF service which takes effect from the 1st June 2021.
Special resolutions are used for more constitutional matters that extend beyond the powers of directors.
An ordinary members resolution is a formal decision requiring approval by more than 50% of the voting shareholders.
Conducting company resolutions correctly is an important part of a company’s governance.
Corporate Governance Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Competition Law
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- New Businsess
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Terms and Conditions
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.